User lib ideas

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/User lib ideas

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#1]
Does anybody have an idea for a user lib? I've been very bored lately and I'm willing to make somebody a user lib of their choice.

wmaass(Posted 2009) [#2]
How about Touchlib :)

http://www.nuigroup.com/

If you need cameras to play with I have several.

Pax(Posted 2009) [#3]
I second the idea for a touchlib. Regards.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#4]
I third it! B) LOL

wmaass(Posted 2009) [#5]
I built a couple of these in various sizes. Would be a LOT more fun to play with if we cold use Blitz3D with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQpr3W-YmcQ

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#6]
So ya'll want me to make a lib that let's you use the touch pad like a game controller? With things like WaitPad(), GetPad()....and the like?
And so ya'll can use it (this is just an example) for a pong game??

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#7]
unfortunaly this touchlib didnt work on my HP touchsmart, otherwise I would be requesting this too :(

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#8]
Sorry guys. Its very complicated. And I would have to do ALOT of unnecessary research for something I can't even use.

wmaass(Posted 2009) [#9]
Ideally, we would want to be able to accept the touch input. What is done with that input is another story - there are lots of applications for this.

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#10]
I'd rather not get into it though.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#11]
O come on. 4 against 1... LOL!

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#12]
A bit cliche perhaps, but a nice lil 2D physics engine would be sweet. eg Box2D, Chipmunk, Phyz...

(although I have a vague memory of a Box2D wrapper for B3D already... hrmm... can't find it right this moment... aaah, here it is)

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#13]
Ok.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#14]
Cool Gizmo! If u can get that touchlib to work, that would be so useful for so many people! :D

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#15]
Sorry, but I was talking about the 2D physics engine. Ummm.....I guess I can do both. AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!! Do you mean to write a touchlib or to make the touchlib into a dll and write a decls file????????? Sorry for the rant but I need to know.

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#16]
By the way, I here that DX9 SDK is backwards compatable with DX8 and DX7. Does that meen you could use a LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 in place of a LPDIRECT3DSURFACE7??? Here is an example, I'm writing my functions in C++. The D3D device is LPDIRECT3DDEVICE7 not LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9. Can I still use d3d9 surfaces/entities...etc. instead of, or with d3d7 surfaces/entities...etc. even though the device is a different version???

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#17]
The latter, Gizmo :) To make the touchlib into a dll and write decls file, gimme the functions and names, and I'll do the decls for you :)

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#18]
Does that meen you could use a LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 in place of a LPDIRECT3DSURFACE7???

No.

Can I still use d3d9 surfaces/entities...etc. instead of, or with d3d7 surfaces/entities...etc. even though the device is a different version???

No.

To make the touchlib into a dll and write decls file, gimme the functions and names, and I'll do the decls for you :)

If you've got time to be writing DECLS files, then I guess you must have already posted the code you wanted help with in your "get bitrate" thread, so I'll go look at that thread now.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#19]
I havent posted it b/c its a modified version of DreamPlayer. I'm emailing Abrexxes about it now. Only w/ his permission I will post it.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#20]
I didn't ask you to post a huge modified version of Dreamplayer. I asked you to post JUST the code where you wrap BASS_ChannelGetInfo.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#21]
Ok. But I was gonna post it if Abrexxes allows it. It would be smart of him to allow it this once. Because I added alot of functionality to it. It can read m3us now, flac, and alot of other files :) Not to mention it can detect ALMOST any file format time perfectly minus 1 second, so I think it would be awesome of him to allow me to post it :)

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#22]
You can post what you like - Abrexxes permitting - but I'm not going to read through a massive program looking for a dozen lines to help with. If you want help, post a small relevant snippet.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#23]
Sure thing :) Thanks Gabriel :) It will be done in a few. I'm making a decls creator in Javascript :P I'm releasing it to the community :)

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#24]
Ok. So you want me to FIND the functions for the touchlib and make them into a dll?? If that's the case then I won't do it. It's illegal.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#25]
geesh. fine, if u wanna rewrite it then please be my guest. i was just tryin to make it easier on u. :)

Knight #51(Posted 2009) [#26]
Sorry, I have no idea how to do that.

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#27]
How about a BB3D send/recive email lib?

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#28]
Maybe something for the IFC Classes libraries?
I think these would be more versatile and useful to a wider section of the blitz userlib-using community?

http://gamingdeveloper.immersion.com/developer/technology/tools/tool.php?t=3

Happy Sammy(Posted 2009) [#29]
shader lib for blitz3d

Nike(Posted 2009) [#30]
I would be really really gratful if you could make these commands for blitz3d

CreateHtmlView
Notify
CreateWindow
CreateTextfield
CreateButton
CreateTabber
HtmlViewGo
CreateLable

please make those commands for blitz3d I uber need them!

Mike0101(Posted 2009) [#31]
Shader lib is very important