BBS 1.7.0

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/BBS 1.7.0

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#1]
Its done! http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=207
you can now download version 1.7.0 (Toolbox). Also there are some new EXE-Demos. f.ex : http://www.abrexxes.huntingsoftware.de/blitz/3dtut.zip

The 3D Part is working now and a tutorial is also present.

----- v.1.7.0
* changed files: bass.bb/bass.decls/bbs_help_functions.txt (3D stuff)
- removed bass_tag plugin (dll/include)
- update modinfo to 1.5 (see modinfo folder for new commands)
- addet new functions to modinfo/functions.txt (decls update)
- changed demo_modinfo.bb (fx values now strings)
- added new function "BASS_Debug", see docs (blitz_bass_studio_help_functions.txt)
- added new function "BASS_CheckVersion", see docs (blitz_bass_studio_help_functions.txt)
- fixed some stuff in the dx8 effecs (bass.decls/bass.bb)(no code change needed)
- added demo_dx8_all_effects.bb (code by hectic)
- added tut_record_3.bb (code by _33)
- added demo_spectrum3.bb (code by Flame)
- added new links in STUFF
- created new folder "codesnippets" for stuff
* 3D Part (added and rewritten) see blitz_bass_studio_help_functions.txt for informations)
- Bass_Update3DListener%(entity%) (thanks to klepto2 for 3D vector help)
- BASS_Set3DPositionPos%(posX#,posY#,posZ#)
- BASS_Set3DPositionVel%(velX#,velY#,velZ#)
- BASS_Set3DPositionFront%(frontX#,frontY#,frontZ#)
- BASS_Set3DPositionTop%(topX#,topY#,topZ#)
- BASS_Set3DPositionFrontTop%(frontX#,frontY#,frontZ#,topX#,topY#,topZ#)
- BASS_ChannelSet3DPositionPos% (channel%,posX#,posY#,posZ#)
- BASS_ChannelSet3DPositionOri% (channel%,oriX#,oriY#,oriZ#)
- BASS_ChannelSet3DPositionVel% (channel%,velX#,velY#,velZ#)
- deleted old 3D demos
- added new tutorial tut_3D.bb
* Toolbox : New visualisation demo (exe) added (removed the old one/source in BBS))
* Toolbox : New Dx8 SFX demo (exe) added (source in BBS)
* Toolbox : New 3D Demo (source in BBS)
Note: All the demos are now IDEal "Strict" compatible ;)

Special thanks goes to klepto2 for his help on some 3D stuff (vectors).

John...finaly..thanks for waiting so long and your help. :)

have fun

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#2]
Yeah, Abrexxes. Nice demo.
You really _have_ cracked the camera turning problem - well done!

Downloadiing the full package now (got to go to work - arrgghh) but will test later.

Thanks, John.

ervin(Posted 2009) [#3]
Excellent stuff.
Thanks Abrexxes!

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#4]
In the Toolbox you can find now the source of DREAMPLAYER 3.0 beta 4e.
An EXE and all the files that you need are included in one download.

This will be the last "opensource" version.

Thanks to hectic.

bye

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#5]
Abrexxes, I know its the last open source, HOWEVER, I have something you may like. When it's complete, I will email you all you need to know! :)

Thanks! :)

~DS~

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#6]
Ok (Abrexxes takes a little time out, i really need that. ;) )

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#7]
Testing now done.
Thanks Abrexxes, the new 3D code works perfectly.

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#8]

:)

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#9]
Abrexxes, you deserve that champagne!

My engine's too big (and still too unfinished) to show, but thanks to you I now have 3 characters who can all speak - if I need them to - simultaneously, with lip-sync.

And as I walk amongst them the sound is perfectly updated and placed where it should be in the stereo field.
- Yes, I know, exactly the sort of effect that customers will never notice <sigh> but which we strive for.

I now feel that a significamt milestone has been achieved in the development of my engine, thanks to you.
Next, scripting for movement/reaction to the player; but that's up to me.

I hope one day you will walk through one of my villages and listen to the characters' conversations going on around you, and think "I made that happen!"

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#10]
And as I walk amongst them the sound is perfectly updated and placed where it should be in the stereo field.

For the record, the 3D sound works correctly (now) in 5.1 surround sound as well. Kinda neat having things* sneak up behind you.

*Even if that thing is a cube playing music. :o)

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#11]
Agreed. But not with lip-sync. And reverb in stone corridors.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#12]
Wait... what?

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#13]
Sorry - misunderstood you.
I thought you were referring to standard Blitz sound.
So - even more 'yeehah' stuff in BBS than I've tried. Good.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#14]
Aaaah <ding!>

Yes - talking about BBS specifically. Was just a bit of a bonus I noticed whilst testing the fixed 3D-sound stuff. Thought I'd share. :o)

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#15]
Yes LineOf7s, if you init bass, bass is asking the driver how many speakers are present and supported. Bass supports up to 7.1 systems and a max of 15 speakers X-)

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#16]
Now you're showing off Abrexxes ;)
But I can now imagine (lip-synced) pharoahs walking around inside a tomb, with reverb and surround-sound. Hee-hee.
Time for me to get working.

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#17]
For the record, bbs has been testet today on 7.1 systems and win64 systems..and works (as we can see) perfekt. so if someone has problems with systems like this please report.

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#18]
Hi,

Very good job. As usual ;-). I need a sample code for a waterfall. Like a SubMarine analyser. Have you been doing?

JP
Waterfall spectrum analyser

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#19]
@ ZJP Thanks :)

No, i havend done something like this yet, last week i tried to do the "winamp" spec, but failed. I am also searching for some math stuff and maybee c++ samples, but its hard to find. First i (we) must take a look at this :
The "Replay_Gain" Theorie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_Gain
http://www.replaygain.org/

If i have time, i will have a look in this stuff. :)

bye

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#20]

----- V.1.7.1
minor fix (bass.decls/bass.bb)
*no need to update

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#21]
Well, happy birtday to BBS ^^

It makes 2 years that the first build (closed) commes out! 2 years of.....well ;) I never have had the ilusion that it will bee older than 3 weeks..thanks :)

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#22]
Happy birtday. Thx again ;-)

JP

LamptonWorm(Posted 2009) [#23]
Very cool !

Ps. is Un4seen.Bass.Misc.Visuals.DetectPeakFrequency() implemented in the wrapper?

Cheers,
LW.

LamptonWorm(Posted 2009) [#24]
Ps. for B3D release builds sometimes I get a crash getting device info, but I run again and sometimes it works fine - any thoughts? It is HD realtek stuff on a laptop.. if I comment out getting device name is works all the time but I don't want to do that. Cheers!

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#25]
Sorry, i was for a long time offline

@LamptonWorm
No, it isnt and will not bee included as it needs "callbacks". B3D as it is, is not made for callbacks and we will have more problems as solutions. Yes, we can write a wrapper dll, but bass at the moment is rockstabel. If you need more take a look at blitzmax.

@LamptonWorm2
Sorry, no idea. Have you a "virtual" sound device running ore something else? Please give me the name of your laptop and the serial number. So i can make a research an the sw.chipset used in "this" laptop. Normaly "Realtek" makes no problems.

bye

Filax(Posted 2010) [#26]
Hi :)

You say :
- Streams and musics can be outputted in any way you want (encoded, written to disk, streamed across a network, etc...)

But i don't understand how to do ? any help possible ?

Regards

Abrexxes(Posted 2010) [#27]
In Theorie, you can use every stream made with bass and save them. But if you want to save a "flag" file you must the flac.dll (The bass.dll supports wav and ogg (and mp3).On the other side you can decode an mp3 into a pcm (wave) file, for this you can use sounddevice "0" (no sound) if you want to do that in realtime (without sound output =render to disk methode).

But dont forget that for some functions of bass you need callbacks, so a little workaround with "movememory". So, what exactely do you want to do?

bye

Abrexxes(Posted 2010) [#28]
Warning!!

Under the "XP Virtual Mode" from Windows7 do not us this commands:

-BASS_GetDeviceDescriptionString$(device%)
-BASS_CreateBeep%(art% = 1 .................)

Problem: the intern system32 command

.lib "Kernel32.dll"
BASS_RtlMoveMemory1%(Destination*,Source,Length) : "RtlMoveMemory"
BASS_RtlMoveMemory2%(Destination,Source*,Length) : "RtlMoveMemory"

can crash your system completely.

bye

puki(Posted 2010) [#29]
I've never actually used this before. How much better is it than vanilla Blitz3D 3D sound? Forget about the extra stuff it does, how does it differ in 3D sound from vanilla Blitz3D?

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2010) [#30]
is there a solution, abrexxes?

Abrexxes(Posted 2010) [#31]
@ ST
the virtual XP mode was designed to allow companies to run older .net ând virtual XXX applications. This apis dont use unmanaged movememory. That is a question that you must ask the microsoft support as kernel32.dll is a microsoft product. ^^

sry, my english is bad. :/ <---me to ;)

Abrexxes(Posted 2010) [#32]
After a little work_around i find out that this problem is only for the w7 XP VM. Other VMs works right here. There is nothing that i can do.

But, the DeviceDescription you dont really need to make games. MakeBeep you can also make by saving a bank as wav and reload them.

I will stop the support for BBS here. For B3D (as it is) its more than stable. The time that B3D (and B+) are not compatible to a modern api (or language) like dx9(modern...ok...i need at least pointers), it makes no sense to write 1000 work_arounds.

Bmax (and others) is (are)the future, sorry guys.

cu

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2010) [#33]
ok thanks for the informations. I think a kernel32.dll wrapper as replacement for kernel32.dll is needed. It must only copied into the program folder. How hard will the work be?

Abrexxes(Posted 2010) [#34]
You dont need a "kernel" wrapper, the result will be the same. What you need is a wrapper to "wrap" pointers. I am not shure if that is enought. But is seems that the XP VM for 7 has not implemented ram_page routines.So you need only pointers to access the ram, as blitz doesent support, i used memory "moving". I have not tested other ways, if it works it would not be so hard. If it doesnt work, you have no chance as it is a microsoft only problem. Both, the kernel32.dll and the XP.VM are from them. Maybee a Bugreport can change this. But the XP.VM was not designed (created) to do this......

As it crashes the system completely (windows7), it seems that we have a problem with all low_level commands....... :(

bye

Neochrome(Posted 2010) [#35]
where can i get the later bass.decls file? i have a real old one.
Bass_Free() no longer works :(

thanks guys

Neochrome(Posted 2010) [#36]
ignore me, i just found the lib in the studio! i am REAL rusty ... not been b3d coding for over a year!

Abrexxes(Posted 2012) [#37]
BBS 2.0 will be there in a few days ;)

Because? : I am working on a dx9 Engine for 2D (B3D/B+), and for this i need an update :=)

bye

PS: BBS 2.0 will be compatible to the last version (1.7.1)....hope so!

Last edited 2012

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#38]
cool ;)

Sake906(Posted 2013) [#39]
There is a really big limitation that's blocking me at the moment with this lib, it could be that I haven't found a way to get around it (and by the way, help files don't work for some reason)

CHANNELS!; what's the point on having all this when you cannot instance your sound to different channels? that is, loading one sound file, then playing as many channels as you want, and apply the different effects to those channels, exactly the same way you do with native blitz3D sound.

Right now you apply every effect to a single instance of a sound; not good. Please someone tell me if this is either me missing a very important detail about this lib, or if it is the way it works.

Abrexxes(Posted 2013) [#40]
http://www.un4seen.com/

bye