Particle candy: Hide all particles?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Particle candy: Hide all particles?

Sake906(Posted 2008) [#1]
I just purchased Particle Candy after reading the comments about it. So far it works as expected.

Only one problem... I am sure this is possible somehow as the particles supposedly belong to a single mesh for each emitter or so.

We are having post-process rendering in our game, and I need the particles to be rendered only on one of the three renders. Easiest way out is to obviously hide the particles for the other renders.

I emailed the maker of this engine but so far I haven't received any response on this. Has anybody here messed around with it enough to know how to possibly hide them? and I don't mean hiding the emitter but the particles themselves.

Thanks in advance.

Matty(Posted 2008) [#2]
If you want to hide ALL of the particles then simply hide the mesh (there are only two unless you've modified the particlecandy code) - I think they are listed as either pt_mesh, have a look through the global variables in the include file - it is not too hard to find.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#3]
Create a pivot as an emitter and position it to the mesh (your actual emitter) then hide the pivot whenever you want to hide particles.

Sake906(Posted 2008) [#4]
Got it. There are lots of undocumented functions on the library though. I am wondering what ParticleType_SetTrail () does, because I am trying to have my particles to form a nice trail as the carrier moves at high speed.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#5]
How did you accomplish it? Maybe useful for other people as a reference.

Sake906(Posted 2008) [#6]
Mortiis:

This is what Mike Dogan (Particle Candy's author) responded:

HideEntity PTMesh(0)
HideEntity PTMesh(1)

As for the trails, not sure yet.

ZJP(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hi,

What is the latest version of Particle Candy?

JP

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#8]
1.5.3 I think.

ZJP(Posted 2008) [#9]
Thx ;-)