FastExt lib help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/FastExt lib help

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#1]
..actually, Im trying to set up my underground part of level(caves) to be something like, 'wet', by using some of the examples provided with fastExt(samples shown on pic), but so far i am unable to achieve such results, over one surface (I dont want to copy same mesh and apply effect separately over the copy of original entity)...anyone succeed with this so far?? How to achieve this with fastext?

MikhailV(Posted 2008) [#2]
To create "wet" effect, your 1st-surface must reflect environment (env-map or pre-rendered cubemap for location) and but second surface must distort (refract). Main -> a reflection!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#3]
so, what you saying is that I have to use 2 identical mesh to achieve this? Is it possible to set that over just one mesh?

MikhailV(Posted 2008) [#4]
Yes, you can use one mesh for this effect, but then for reflection possible to use only env-map texture. Cubemap texture (reflection) can not work with EMBM texture (distortion = bump = refract) on single mesh - it's NVidia videocards limitation (ATI work good)!

Approximately so (texture layers):
0. EMBM-texture (bump map)
1. Env-map texture for reflection
2. Diffuse texture with blend

If you want to use Cubemap texture for reflection, that necessary two RenderWorld as in example FastExt_Example_EntityRefraction.bb

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
..okay...i will give it a try..my wish is to make my geometry looking wet(caves) while holding lightmap intact...I hope this works..