JV-ODE: Trimesh question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/JV-ODE: Trimesh question

Al Meyer(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have made a level (a very simple one, less than 100 polys) in DeleD, and exported as a B3D. I load it in Blitz and assign it as a Trimesh, in JV-ODE. Everything is fine. The only problem is a little "tremble" that occurs in my camera (i´m using the trimesh sample from JV-ODE), when my car is over a surface on the trimesh. Any tips?

Thanks

VIP3R(Posted 2008) [#2]
There can be several causes of physics jitters. Make sure the TriMesh triangles are not too large in comparison to the other models like the car, it can cause jitters and even complete penetration.

Other things that can help with twitchy physics are changing the world/geom CFM values and adjusting the collision depth. Using multiple stepping per iteration can help improve the accuracy too (see the main loop in the 'CarDemo-HighSpeed' demo).

Using a rigid camera will also exaggerate the problem, this can be corrected by damping or smoothing the camera movement.

Wayne(Posted 2008) [#3]
Al, post the code your using.
8)

Al Meyer(Posted 2008) [#4]
Wayne, it´s the trimesh example of JV-ODE, I only put my mesh on it. I think my triangles are big. I will test it today. Thanks