Libs for Image filter effects?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Libs for Image filter effects?

RifRaf(Posted 2007) [#1]
are there any libs out there that can do real time effects on say the backbuffer()? Im looking for a way to "toonify" my scene..

from a normal render like this..

to a more solid look like this

wich is basically an egde preserving smooth applied agressivly.

RifRaf(Posted 2007) [#2]
Nevermind, i found a solution. If it proves stable and fast enough ill post my findings.

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#3]
You could use more 'toony' looking textures?

_33(Posted 2007) [#4]
RifRaf, did you make a block parser? What is the technique used exactly?

Because, you basically did something that I need dearly. Are all the "cubes" in one mesh, or are they just smallentities all piled one each other as child entities?

RifRaf(Posted 2007) [#5]
I made my own editor for it, yeah its parses the shapes as they are dropped, removing uneeded faces/surfaces, combining them where it can, send me an email to GameMaker04@... if you want to help with it, its a WIP atm.

RifRaf(Posted 2007) [#6]
@boom, yeah but the effect is way different, with the image filter you remove all trace of where one mesh face hits another and it all gets a more drawn natural look. My testing thus far is proving not so great, the effect is decent but I cna only manage a 256x256 filter size wich is not good enough.. anyone have any ideas ?

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#7]
what about a bloom? Whydon't you find an image of the type of effect you want. 'toonify' is abit vague.

RifRaf(Posted 2007) [#8]
because I already posted an example. Basically im looking for a a real time edge preserving smooth.

RifRaf(Posted 2007) [#9]
Id actually be willing to pay for a working solution to this. I cant think of any "tricks" I can only come up with running an algorithm on the texture itself, I have a lib i found to run various algos on an texture , but its only fast enough at 256x256. im still looking out there however. Any leads that get me what I need I can tip for as well.

Heres what my current attempt yeilds, looks ok when you see larger objects, but smaller ones you dont even see unless you are close due to the low res I have to run the filter at.

_33(Posted 2007) [#10]
I made my own editor for it, yeah its parses the shapes as they are dropped, removing uneeded faces/surfaces, combining them where it can, send me an email to GameMaker04@... if you want to help with it, its a WIP atm.

Hmmm... Maybe an exchange of technology, that could work, as I am working on something similar on my side with the shape parser that I made. I'm very intrigued with yours.

RifRaf(Posted 2007) [#11]
you have my email, my aim and msn are under the same.