Newton Physics question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Newton Physics question

Nexus6(Posted 2007) [#1]
Has anybody used both Newton wrappers by Itmbin (Simple & full). I have used the simple version and found it extremley simple to use, especially the "magic wand approach", as its been dubbed of turning custom mesh's into physics objects.

I was wondering if the same approach has been used in the full version. I can't make my mind up which physics engine to buy, its either Newton or PhsyX, the main selling points for me are Speed, which PhsyX seems to be the clear winner and ease of use which seems to be Newton if it has the same approach as the "simple" version.

_33(Posted 2007) [#2]
I'm leaving Newton to go to PhysX. Newton IMHO, the way it's implemented in the wrapper isn't complete and half as fast as PhysX.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#3]
i'll stick to newton, cause i only have a small amount of physics controlled objects. so speed is not an issue for me.
i prefer simple approaches. the simpler, the better ;)

Render(Posted 2007) [#4]
PhysX wrapper very simple in use. For creation of a physical body, you need to write only one command (for example pxBodyCreateCube % (dx #, dy #, dz #, mass #)). And you receive a physical body of a cube.

PhysX wrapper has many possibilities! Therefore consider, that it difficult. This wrong opinion. I created it for usual users, and would do that all was convenient!

Uber Jase(Posted 2007) [#5]
I vote for PhysX:) Simple, fast and powerful.

Barliesque(Posted 2007) [#6]
@Render: How easily can an arbitrary mesh be turned into a physics object with PhysX?

Render(Posted 2007) [#7]
In PhysX it is possible to create convex bodies and TriangleMesh. For Blitz3D I have written special functions for convex bodies and TriangleMesh. These functions also work in any other engines (BlitzMax).
For creation of a convex body or TriangleMesh you need to write only one line of a code and to copy a code of my function. Look examples and demos.