Bassmod 2.0

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Bassmod 2.0

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#1]
Edit:

Go here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69887

bassmod is included now in blitzbass. So, only one download. ;)

cu

_33(Posted 2007) [#2]
Is this the latest DLL for BASSMOD? It is dated 2004-06-20. Also, I would like to know if the BASSMOD_MusicSetPosition% (pos%) will in fact put the play marker at a pattern position at pos%? So in fact, BASSMOD_MusicGetPosition% () should give me the pattern that is currently playing?

Very interesting.

I've noticed several bugs from one of my tracks.
1) The first note on one of my synths isn't played, but then the rest is ok.
2) The sound volume is too loud from the track preset, but not when playing in other mod playback programs
3) The filter used on one of my synth sounds very different from what I initially intended

Also I read from the supplied help file that SetPosition is the position in seconds, no the actual pattern position. It would be much more useful if we could get the pattern position and set the pattern position. That way we could program our songs to play depending on events with proper and precise pattern location.

EDIT: OK, I might have found my position solution in MusicPlayEx.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi,

the fomats have not changed since 15 years and the routine is stable. So...yes..latest.

It was a fast work to fade from one musik to another (together with PLAYMUSIC() ). So you can use PLAYMUSIC for menu and fade to the game musik (bassmod) ^^. Also you can fade each channel volume(or instrument with hiword) to create interactiv musik. (Fade in /out only rythm channels etc)

The position... LOWORD = order, HIWORD = row. If HIWORD = 0xFFFF, then LOWORD = position in seconds. Setting the position in seconds requires that the BASS_MUSIC_CALCLEN flag was used when the MOD music was loaded

-----------------------

) The sound volume is too loud from the track preset, but not when playing in other mod playback programs

Use : BASSMOD_MusicSetAmplify()
--------------------------------

About other errors, what for a tracker you use. ?

If you nead more stuff, wait for fmodEX. ;)

cu