Best lib for fast parallax scrolling?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Best lib for fast parallax scrolling?

Uber Jase(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

Which is the best userlib to use for creating a fast scrooling shoot-em-up with paralax scrolling, maybe even rotating sprites and levels. I,ve looked at sprite candy and nsprite 2. Which 1 is best and are there better libs I could look at? Also, Do any come with a tile based map editor?

Thanks

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#2]
Sprite Candy

semar(Posted 2007) [#3]
Sprite Candy definately : www.x-pressive.com

Uber Jase(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks guys:)

I see sprite candy has a GUI extension so it shouldn't be too hard to make my own map editor, right?

Thanks
MM

ZJP(Posted 2007) [#5]
Sprite Candy.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#6]
the gui is rather limited though, if you plan on doing anything major with it.

Uber Jase(Posted 2007) [#7]
I just bought sprite candy:) Not had a chance to play with it yet but I could do with opinions on the best way to do scrolling tiled levels. As I see it I have 3 options

1. create a layer as big as the level, tile the whole level on it and move the layer to scroll
2. Make a layer 1 tile bigger than the screen in all directions and re-tile the layer when the edge of the layer is reached
3. Make a layer as big as the screen and re-tile it every frame

Which is best? I'm thinking 2. is as 1. will be useless for very big levels and 3. may be too slow. Is there a way I aint thought of?

Thanks

GR(Posted 2007) [#8]
Are there any parallax scrolling demos using spritecandy?

CodeGit(Posted 2007) [#9]
Oops, sprite candy is a great tool, but unfortunately not very good at scrolling tile levels. If anybody has an example of how to scroll a tile level with Sprite Candy, I would be very interested to see that code.

_33(Posted 2007) [#10]
I'd use Fast Image for this.