Andreyman ashadow

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Andreyman ashadow

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi all,
someone knows how to purchase the library
Ashadow by Andreyman? (last screenshots at image gallery)...

Thanks in advance!

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#2]
https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?templateId=43377&referrer=store&contractId=1667313

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#3]
have you bought it?
could you please tell me if it works fine?
and what about implementation?

thanks in advance,

angel martinez(Posted 2007) [#4]
It works very fine and is very easy to implement.I have used it in my game Freehunter (post process effects and water)

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#5]
i have bought it. and its pretty easy to use. i used bloom, depth of field and water. i didn't touch the stencil shadows, cause they can't cast from animated b3d files...

btw. whats the newest version of it?

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thanks Angel and t3kMac,
I'm going to buy it right now!
:)

regards!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#7]
Is this all part of the product, dof, bloom, water, stencil shadows? Excuse my dumbness, where's the products homepage? (guess I bookmarked it, sometime, somewhere)

Mikele(Posted 2007) [#8]
>JFK
Yes. DOF, bloom, etc. All in one ;).
Look at http://andreyman.ucoz.ru/

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#9]
Hi jfk,
Yes, implementation is very easy and clean.

The lib allows you to do bloom/glow (very configurable),
DOF (very configurable too), reflective surfaces, water, environmental mapping reflective surfaces, surface distortion and stencil shadows... but stencil shadows, even being fast, doesn't work properly on animated b3D meshes.

I've in touch with the autor and he said that maybe is the b3d model i'm using... the rest of the things are amazing.

All the features are really fast (a lot more than making then using blitz functions) and as I said, is very easy to configure & implement, just two commands. And very Stable too. Without non desired surprises!.

It's a relly interesting library and it's quite cheap thinking in all the stuff it offers!

If you want more information about this library don't hesitate to ask for it!

regards!

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#10]
Just out of curiosity is it possible to apply the Bloom\Glow to a 2D scene made of images?

Jason.

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#11]
mmmm
I'm not try that, it seems you need to do a render to texture first following the standard methods..

Bloom & glow are very configurable in this lib, and the
most interesting thing is a lot faster than, in example, all of the code snippets you could find regarding this subject at code archives. (bloom, DOF and in general, all the effects this lib is capable)

I'm pretty sure you'll not find any problem implementing bloom in a fake 2D scene.

regards!

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#12]
Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked is because I`ve never seen it done but think it could be a cool effect.

Jason.

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#13]
However, if I'm not wrong, I remember a bloom effect over
a 2D image in code archives.
I would like to be more helpful but I cannot remember exactly where...

regards!

Tab(Posted 2007) [#14]
>JFK
Your CSP engine with bump water and a fast glow FX, will look very impressive. :o

Subirenihil(Posted 2007) [#15]
Is it possible to get a demo of this AShadow lib?

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#16]
yes, as far as I remember you can download some examples and its source from the endreyman website.
You cannot compile it, of course, but you can execute the exes and examine the code.
I like it very much. :)

regards!

Nikko(Posted 2007) [#17]
It is all in Russian, does anyone has a link where to download this?

OJay(Posted 2007) [#18]
use google to translate it:
[a http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://andreyman.ucoz.ru/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://andreyman.ucoz.ru/%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG]http://translate.google.com/translate...[/a]

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#19]
Hi!,
you have the right address at the begining of this post.

www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?templateId=43377&referrer=store&contractId=1667313

regards!

Nikko(Posted 2007) [#20]
Andreyman : do you plan to enhance your system (add more shaders?). As far as I see you have made a great work in wrapping DX7 and add vertex/pixel shaders, so you may add a lot more... Any plan for the future?

Loktar(Posted 2007) [#21]
I would definatly be interested in knowing this also, I bought your system and its fantastic.

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#22]
Hi Loktar,
I've seen you've bought Ashadow, me too.. :)
Could you please tell me if you have problems with water clipping when you activate DOF? (if you've done some trial like this)
I've a little problem when I've the two effects running at the same time: The water is clipped where the DOF starts. :(
Could you please confirm this or at least, tell me if you've had some other problems?
Ashadow is amazing, but to me has some little bugs in important things, is a shame because is a great lib. I'm using it in my game.

Regards!

Tim(Posted 2007) [#23]
i bought it too, i didn't find bugs yet, just great!!

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#24]
Tim, take a look to a thread about ashadow, very recent, in which Mikele talk about how to avoid a problem when using DOF + WATER. It seems that in some graphic cards, the DOF plane cut the bump water...

Regards!

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#25]
looks interesting. so, appart from Pinete having an issue with shadow on animated b3d models. Is this a common thing? or a single incident?
Cause im surly going to buy this if it support shadows for animated objects.

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#26]
Hi Gobbo,
It seems to be a simple incident beyond something frecuent.
I'm using this system for a long time right now and that's the only problem I've dealed with.
Ashadows brings a lot of features.
I recomend you take a look at some demos and specially the ones that Mikele has in other post at this forum (normal mapping, specular lights...)
However, I'm sure that a lot of people can give you more information about Ashadow than me!
;)

Regards!

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#27]
nice, well i looked at his website but i cannot find a demo :(
you know where to get it?

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#28]
Does someone knows how can I achieve a glow effect from an object with this lib?

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#29]
Gobbo, you can take a look at the forums, there are links to the Andreyman homepage to download the demos directly. Sorry for not to give the links but I lost them. Will be enough looking for the word "ashadow" in the forum userlibs or blitz3d. I will try to find it. :)

Moraldi, it's enough with three lines of code. Just setup the bloom/glow effect with a function to do this, other function to configure the parametres and other one to setup the kind of bloom.
After this and will be include a function to render the postprocess effects every loop.

Its very easy. I've been capable of do it! ;)

regards!

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#30]
Pinete, thanks for your info, but I disappointed when I found after tests that Andreyman's ashadow does not support .B3D (for animated meshes).
After the first sock, I decided to convert all my B3D meshes to .X format, but UUnwrap exports to DirectX 8.0 format and I don't have animation in Blitz3D. Am I wrong, is there a solution to this?

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#31]
Yes, you're right! I've had problems dealing with animated b3d shadows and ashadows lib, but to be honest, I hope that, so it continues being an excellent library or addon to achieve post process effects that blitz is not capable to do (or at least, it's much slower).

Regarding to your decision about .X and b3d, when I tested the anim b3d shadows and it didn't work, I decided to use swifft shadows system to do that and it works prefectly.

To change to another format just to obtain a good stencil shadows was not a good decision for me, much to loss and a little to win... so I use swift shadows (it is slow depending on the number of polygons of each model and the complexity of your scene) but I decided to get the way of optimizations (when the entitites are so far I quit its shadow, in mid-distance I put the typical transparent circle and only when the characters or models are really close to the camera, I use the swifft's shadows.

The game works very well in this way. I'm managing a great landscape, in size as well as polygons (+30000), +20 animated b3d characters of aprox. 1000-1500 polys, shadows (swwift), post process effects (ashadows), Gui (Ultrafast Image lib by MixailV), Particle Candy and some other thing I'm forgeting.

So I would maintain your b3d models and try to do some optimizations regarding shadows and similar stuff. Dealing with .X is not as easy as doing it with .B3D in a lot of ways. That's my view.

I hope to be helpful! ;)

Regards!

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#32]
Pinete, I am working under the same conditions. I have a very large terrain (+30000 polygons, produced by the FreeWorld, a dozen of .B3D meshes (static and animated) and I don't have experience in creating some effects:
a) to make outline glows around every game's diamond (yes, for the first time in computer's history a player can collect diamonds in a game :) ).
b) I want to give a fade effect only to my terrain but not to my skybox
I thought that buying this library I could done this, but I was wrong... I hope to use it in other aspects of my game

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#33]
a) To make glows "per object" and not for the complete scene I can recommend take a look at the code archives, effects. There you will find small functions that can help you to achieve a glow effect for the entities you desire.

b) I don't know what are you referring to when talk about a fade effect just for the terrain... I suppose you say from black to alpha = 0?

Yes, this lib doesn't have those uses specifically, but sure you will find it very useful giving to your game visuals a more modern aspect and a very good feeling.

Regards!

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#34]
Moraldi, i applied the glow principle to my Gobbos game. I used it to give it fuzzy hair. I have taken the core of an example in the code archive. You may want todo a search for "hair" there. I hope you can adjust it to make it just glow. Cause hairy diamonds is not what you want. lol.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#35]
Thanks guys, I found also this if you are interested: http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1351

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#36]
sorry to bother but that is a filter for the camera. it applies glow on all the objects. you wanted it just for diamonds right?

you may want to look at this (the hair effect)
ball = CreateMesh()
EntityFX ball,32+2

ball2 = CreateSphere(5)
ScaleMesh ball2,3,3,3
EntityFX ball2,32+2
ClearTextureFilters 

tex = LoadTexture ("fur3.bmp",2+1)
EntityTexture ball,tex

surf = GetSurface(ball2,1)
For f# = 0 To -0.02 Step -0.001
	ScaleMesh ball2,1.008,1.008,1.008
	RotateMesh ball2,0,-(f*20.0),0
	n# = 1-(-(f)*100.0/2.0)
	For vert = 0 to CountVertices(surf)-1
		VertexColor surf,vert,255,255,255,n
	Next
	AddMesh ball2,ball
Next
FreeEntity ball2

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#37]
I spent too much time all night to find a solution for this effect! I couldn't imagine it was a matter of a few lines of code!
Thanks Gobbo (Bother more often next time...)

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#38]
np :)

Trader3564(Posted 2007) [#39]
uhm, could you maybe post a copy of the modified code with glow? or did you use the one exactly as it is above? cause i may also want to use glow on a few objects :D

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#40]
I didn't manage to write my own code for glow because all my efforts had no success.
I tried this morning to use your code in my game, but it didn't work. I believe there is a small fix I have to make in game's code because yours works well.
Trying to understand the meaning of your values in the loop I changed the first value of f# from 0 to 1
 for f# = 1 to -0.002 

but I am getting a Memory acess violation runtime error in RenderWorld statement. That's very weird...
Gobbo if you replay again I think we must create a new Topic because this issue has nothing to do with the AndreyMan's Shadow library
In any case when I finally finish with the glow affect I will send you the executable (and the relative source) to see your code in action within my game (and if don't mind, I will include you in the Credits section)

GR(Posted 2007) [#41]
Anybody know what the EULA for this library is?

_33(Posted 2007) [#42]
I didn't see any EULA, but I do own one license.