Anyone heard of IrrKlang?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Anyone heard of IrrKlang?

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#1]
http://www.ambiera.com/irrklang/index.html

sounds great. free to use. dll-style. anyone who is capable of writing a wrapper for this?

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#2]
Sounds interesting...

Does it make heavy usage of callbacks?? Does it requires function pointers? If it's a no to these 2 questions then you can write a Userlib .decls, no wrapper needed.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#3]
Does it make heavy usage of callbacks?? Does it requires function pointers?

So far, I haven't found it using either.

If it's a no to these 2 questions then you can write a Userlib .decls, no wrapper needed.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. That only works if the dll exports plain c-style functions. irrKlang exports namespaces containing classes containing overloaded methods.. no way you can do that in a DECLS.

I may write a BlitzMax wrapper at some point, but since I no longer use ( or indeed appear to possess ) B3D, I won't be doing a B3D version. Doesn't seem overly complicated so far, but again, I'm just reading not doing, so it could be more difficult than it appears.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#4]
i can't code c++. thats my problem. we'll see...

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
Neither can I. That's the good thing about simple wrappers. You can learn enough C/C++ syntax in an afternoon to figure out the basics. And you can always grab other people's open-source wrappers and see how they do it. In retrospect, I should have done this. Would have made things even easier because I ended up figuring a lot of things out with trial and error only to end up doing them in almost exactly the same way GMan did with his wrappers.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with anyone downloading any of my wrappers just to ruthlessly steal my wrapping techniques. I would if it were me, so how can I complain? :P