EasyTOK and ragdoll ? :)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/EasyTOK and ragdoll ? :)

Filax(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi :)

I'm working on the ragdoll for EasyTOK i'm searching for a
system, easily to make and control :) Here is a little demo
just for see, please don't ask me when it done :) because

"releasing when it's ready"

But i have many problem :/ object disapear sometime for
unknow reason, but the system (it work with the current
easytok release) is just started...

Download demo :
http://www.blitz3dfr.com/tempo/Ragdoll_Alpha.zip

Screen :

Danny(Posted 2006) [#2]
Because you're moving the bones of the b3d object the original pivot of the animmesh goes off-screen. When it's offscreen then blitz3D decides that the object should not be rendered. Nothing you can do about that.

What you can do however (and works perfectly!!) is to re-parent the original pivot of your animmesh to you ROOT BONE! Because your bones are under the control of your physics, you can do anything you want with the pivot.
(At default I don't believe the root bone is parented to the pivot, if it is just do a EntityParent RootBone, 0)

And this way the pivot stays in the center of your character, thus visible, thus Blitz won't decide to 'hide it'. Happy laddy..

This is also help full if you want to know WHERE you character is, by doing entityXYZ on your animmesh you'll probably get a 0,0,0 as a result. But know, the pivot moves along so you can get an accurate position of where this guy is.

Danny

Danny(Posted 2006) [#3]
Nice demo by the way, seems to work really well.
I've just been in ragdoll hell for a couple weeks so know what you're going through ;)
To get rid of the jittering / shakyness you can multiply the internal forces on your joints by say 0.95 every frame, this way it will come to rest quicker and loose much of the shakyness.

Hope this helps,
Danny.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hi Danny :)

Many thanks for this help :) the problem is solved because
you are right, in ragdoll mode only vertex are moving
the pivot rest at the first place. The quick solution that i have find is move the object himself to the position
of one bone of the hierarchy. But i think this solution
return bad object position ?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#5]
Filax,

so a new EasyTok is on the cards?

Please include the functions I mention in my EasyTok thread

TA!

Filax(Posted 2006) [#6]
no no, it's not a new EasyTOK, but a futur upgrade
of the current version :)

Just let me time to sleep :) and let me take hollidays :)

Test the demo :) you can reconize the old demo structur :)

Danny(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yes Filax, it doesn't just move the vertices but the bones as well (that is: YOU move the bones using tokamak). If you simply parent the object itself to your root-bone (eg pelvis), then you don't have to do anything ie. position is automatically updated and correct...

Filax(Posted 2006) [#8]
Ok ! many thanks :)

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#9]
filax, what exactly are you doing with this? Is it a ragdoll builder of sorts, so you can easily set up your own ragdolls with EasyTok?

It looks and behaves really great, but how does it perform with multiple ragdolls? Say, five of those imps?

Filax(Posted 2006) [#10]
I'm working on :) but it's not really easy to make a generic
style to make this, but i hope add soome function to setup
more easily ragdoll

Filax(Posted 2006) [#11]
I have send an alpha version with boned ragdoll
just for testing, because there is some problems
to solve before final release.

Check your email :)

Mike0101(Posted 2006) [#12]
Very-very good but I have problem when an animated model during animation changes for ragdoll.
The model makes a strange jump movement, hard to say what it makes.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#13]
Yes it's the older demo :/ i have not released the demo
after debugging. shame on me :)

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#14]
good filax!
that the guy in the pic above^^ dissaperas is a known issue of blitz3d. so don't blame yourself :)

Filax(Posted 2006) [#15]
Yes this problem appear because i have not move the mesh root
with vertex :) But it's solved now !

IKG(Posted 2006) [#16]
Filax, could you please post the code you wrote to create that demo? It might be enough to convince me ;)

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#17]
filax, do you have tried the "new" meshcullbox-command? with it you do not need to re-parent all the time.