Mr. filax: any update for EasyTok?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Mr. filax: any update for EasyTok?

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi filax,

It seems that EasyTok is quiet since its first release.
Would there be any new update?

Thanks in advance.
:)

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi,

EasyTok is a good wrapper for TokaMak (I bought it ;), but once you have got used to it, I would recomend you start to use sweenies TokaMak wrapper directly.
This is not to distract from Filax's wrapper, because even Sweenie says it makes his wrapper useable EasyTok vs Sweenie's TokaMak wrapper . But easyTOK is sort of like a "Beginer wrapper" for another wrapper.

If you are using easyTok, and find it doesnt do somthing that you think it could do, then you should really start to look at the base wrapper (well not even that, cos tokamak is a wrapper as well), and add the things you want.

This might sound like Im putting the easytok wrapper down, but Im not. I didnt understand the Tokamak wrapper, but I did understand what filax's wrapper was doing, (I found Filax's code well laid out with good variable nameing) and via that started to understand what sweenies wrapper was doing.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#3]
What H&K said :)

Akat(Posted 2006) [#4]
i still stuck with this (blind-man and guide-dog) concept... i bought EasyTok and seems its not really suitable for my type of project.. but i dont know wether its because of the limited in Tokamak itself.. should i go with 'Tokamak' for doing this?

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#5]
@Akat: did you contact Filax or Sweenie?

(I originally thought that EasyTok will be updated as
JV-ODE.)

Tom(Posted 2006) [#6]
I mailed Filax with an updated Tokamak wrapper, it includes Breakages!

I never heard back from him on wether he tested it or not yet.

Akat(Posted 2006) [#7]
i contact them already, he gave a sample of doing that (basically a rough idea how to do that), but, thats more like give a 'force' to an object to move it, and its not what i want to do... im more on like moving the object using b3d move command and let the chain react on that movement - if u know what i mean..

Tom(Posted 2006) [#8]
Akat: That's not the way physics engines work. It 'may' be possible using some trickery, but normaly, for physics engines to work correctly they need to move items themselves.

Imagine you repositioned an entity manualy and it then intersected another, the physics engine wouldn't see that collision.

Not only that, but manualy transforming physics entities doesn't tell the physics engine what momentum/torque an entity then has, not unless you worked that out for yourself and again, applied it manualy.

Just a heads up! :)
Tom

Akat(Posted 2006) [#9]
mmm... thanks tom, now it make sense to me :)

is there any idea to settle this down? i mean how to do what i wanna do...

Filax(Posted 2006) [#10]
Sorry :) but I had much work with the TerraEd
launching ! And TerraFormat to do ...

H&K : Your are right ! i agree, EasyTOK is not a stand alone
wrapper but a library of functions to use more easily the
great sweenie job ! And of course, when you buy a library
(only with bb code) you are able to do your own
modifications :)

Akat : i have reply a long email for your project (it seem
very difficult to do, i think that is not an EsayTOK or
Tokamak problem ! It's the technical concept himself)
because you want mix animated mesh + physic, personaly
i don't know how to do !

Tom : Don't remember your email ? (i receive more than 150
emails by days ! (some guys want enlarge my penis, or sale
me rolex ...) maybe you email was trashed by accident ?)
or quite simply i forgot, i'm human too :) with a little
old brain :) Please don't be offence Tom ! try to resend me.

Don't forget guys ! I make my possible to update my
softwares and i'm trying to reply customer's emails, but
i'm alone to coding... If sometime you don"t have any
news from me, don't blame me :) And retry another day.

But i repeat, i'm trying alway to help my customers !

Akat(Posted 2006) [#11]
yeah, thanx a lot filax... u gimme a great idea on how u gonna make it possible at least... maybe my idea have to be altered instead :)... anyone has cloth codes? maybe i can look into cloth snippet and alter here and there and make it possible - hopefully :)