need help installing easytok

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/need help installing easytok

badjuju(Posted 2006) [#1]
just pick up a copy of easytok and trying to install.
but i can't seem to find my userlib dir is this something i have to create or am i on the wrong page alltogether. can someone help me understand this userlib stuff.

yea i know, im a nooby!

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#2]
The 'userlibs' directory is part of the Blitz3D install - C:\Program Files\Blitz3D\userlibs

Copy the EasyTok 'decls' file into the userlibs directory and you're good to go, it basically tells Blitz where to find the specified DLL and defines the functions used to access it.

badjuju(Posted 2006) [#3]
hmm, this is where im getting confused, in my c:\program files\blitz3d im not seeing any dir or folder called userlib nor can i find it in any outher folder's in the blitz dir im using blitz3d ver 1.64, i tried turning off hidden files option in windows tool's option but still nothing, is it possible that the blitz install just didn't create it , is it a actual folder that im supposed to see in my blitz program folder.

I know these questins seem's idiotically basic but i think my blitz has badjuju !.

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#4]
V1.64 doesn't support userlibs, you need to upgrade it to the latest version (V1.96). See the 'Account>Product updates' tab at the top of the web page ^^^.

Most folks have basic questions when new to Blitz, don't worry about it ;)

badjuju(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hey success thank for the help " VIP3R" i new it was something simple i didn't think of the upgrade, i didn't
know they just started supporting userlib's ive been away from blitz for a awhile.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi badjuju

In the email i say :

Installation :

- Create a new directory in any directory of your choice, copy in that directory the contents of the zip archive
that was emailed to you.

- Then copy the following files :

Tokamak.decls
Inc_EasyTOK.decls
Tokamakdll.dll
TokamakWrapper.dll
In your C:\Program Files\Blitz3D\userlibs directory.

Best regards.

It seem no enought ? i have update this mail with a :

"If this directory don't exist, create it !"