Seriously Need Help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Seriously Need Help

W(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey guys I have been looking into using Tokamak with my blitz 3-d. Which I hear is a perfectly natural thang. But I can't get blitz to 'see' the tokamak functions and it just isn't working. I have read many tutorials but none of tham instructed me on how to install, or use tokamak within blitz. I mean I can learn to use the functions but how do I get it to work with Blitz?? PLEASE HELP I AM GETTING VERY DESPERATE...

Jams(Posted 2006) [#2]
You need to put the .dll and the .decls file in your Blitz3D\Userlibs folder, both are included in the tokamak wrapper :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
well you should not put the dll in the userlibs folder, but in your programs folder, the reason why is: how would you release your app when the dll needs to be in the userlibs folder? dlls need to be in your apps folder or a system folder that is parsed by default (eg. system32) although putting files to a system folder is a bad habbit, especially when no other program is using it, or if other programs are using it, but your dll is an older version that will accidently overwrite the existing uptodate dll. So better store your dll in your folder. Of course, you can put the dll to the userlibs folder, this works on the dev machine, although ONLY on the dev machine.

The .decls files all need to be in the userlibs folder.