Automatic Decls Creation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Automatic Decls Creation

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello! I am finishing my new raknet wrapper and i wonder if any managed to create an automatic decls file creation so i pass the .cpp with the functions and returns the decls file.

I can make one, but it should be great if i can save that time ...

Thanks...

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#2]
What a fantastic idea!! Why didn't I think of that!?!? :P

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm not sure if this would do it, but it's worth a look...

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=49981

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#4]
I have implemented a program to do it. I have used flex (a lexical analyzer i used in the university long time ago).

It is a very great tool. I cannot post here my software because it is adapted to the raknet dll, but i must say it has done a very good job for me!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#5]
Awww.

I'd buy it.... :-)

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#6]
Well i have not too much time now, but if i can find some time i will make an application to do the job.

I think i will release it for free (not hard work like kode...)

:)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
Haha, I think we love you for it.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2005) [#8]
What would be impresive is one that takes .dll input and searches for parameters and function names. That would be the most useful tool around. I don't know enough about .dll file construction to really know if it's possible, let alone actualy make it so it's just an awesome floating idea.

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#9]
i think that this cannot be done due to the possibility to pass infinite argument to a function in c++, so the size of the parameters can be variable...

not sure anyway!

Seldon(Posted 2005) [#10]
@PCD GUY:
That would be possibile, names of functions on DLLs are simply ASCII strings. Besides if a compiler made so called "decorations" on them (something like: MyFunction@12) would be possible to know something about the number of arguments (but not names of arguments that can be useful) , though I guess there could be some problems on trying to understand when you pass a LONG, a WORD or a BYTE (ok, in Blitz we don't worry).