RakNet Wrapper

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/RakNet Wrapper

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hey Friends. Now working in a new wrapper too!. It is for raknet, perhaps the best UDP multiplayer library for games.

It has reliable/ordered messages, Ping control, kick, ban ip's, security headers, rpc (remote procedure call), synchronous memory!, automatic object synchronize!, etc etc etc...

take a look of the original lib in:
http://www.rakkarsoft.com

I have started the wrapper recently and works perfectly with the few basics i have wrapped.

The original lib was free for non commercial and now is free for commercial too (with previous authorization)!.

It could be the best solution for "only UDP" multiplayer programming.

I am sorry this is only some kind of "possible wrapper" thing but i think this is a very good lib. I am asking the creator if i have the permission to make a wrapper. (i have permission for commercial use already!).

Cheers, KuRi!

P.D: I will make the basic tests now, and if all works correctly it could be finished in a few days with 99% of access to all functions.

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#2]
Nice one KuRi :)

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sounds handy.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2005) [#4]
That's very nice!!! But it would be interesting to see if it's easily wrappable in BlitzMax.....

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#5]
I have still not played with blitzmax. What is the difference for the Dll? I think that the same dll should work.

About the wrapper, i must say that is going very well. The only problem is that the Players ID are maintained throuh structs (with ip and port), not very handy, so the programmers need to work in some method of numbering the players.

today i have finished all the server functions. Tomorrow i will start with client functions. The Peer functions will not be wrapper in the first release.

Cheers, KuRi.

EDITED: Well, for what i have done, there are some things that cannot be wrapped due to the lack of function pointers in Blitz3D. Not sure if it could be done in BlitzMax.

Anyway, those things that cannot be wrapped can be done manually (memory synchronization, rpc's, etc...). In the RakNet forum people says that it is better to do it manully (it is faster).

Xaron(Posted 2005) [#6]
Great! Where can I download your wrapper?

EDIT: found your post... sorry

Regards - Xaron

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#7]
wheres the download?

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#8]
Other Post, not this, sorry!