LotusR2 Editor

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/LotusR2 Editor

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#1]
The Archive of Noel Cowers' LotusR2 Editor just contains Source Code that needs Include Files of FUI to run. I don't have that and don't want to buy it, can someone tell me where to get the editor compiled?

Raitsun

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hm... We'll need to find someone with FUI. I could use that editor as well, come to think of it. I got Lotus R2, but haven't actually used it yet.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#3]
Just... why didn't he compile the editor? it would have only been a click o.O

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
Because I think F-UI is a good product and that the author deserves the money.

Edit: And if anyone does decide to upload a compiled version, I'll gladly remove the downloads for Lotus R1, R2, CLE, Ulysses, and everything else.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#5]
ok...
That's unselfish and i really respect that... even if it is extortion ;-]
I like that your Products are free, but I think you could give an address on your page, where people can donate.
Raitsun

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#6]
Fair enough. Good of you to support its author...
But what if I think (in my opinion) that Windows' own GUI, which I now use, is better for many things, (Regardless of the endless confusion the first time round), therefore making it pointless on my own part to pay for a GUI no matter how much nicer to use it is?

N(Posted 2005) [#7]
Then you can write your own editor.

Edit:
I think you could give an address on your page, where people can donate.

I've thought about it, but rarely will anyone actually donate money to support free software, not to mention I'm 16 and therefore am not eligable to have a PayPal account.

Edit2: Added a button, let's see if PayPal notices.

Alienforce(Posted 2005) [#8]
Noel, you just made me to buy F-UI :)

/Alienforce

Ps. Thanks Noel for sharing your work.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#9]
Why you... Thats bl**dy cheeky. Why give your stuff away and make it uncompilable to people without cash? i me....OooOOOOOOooohh!

hehe, A respectable reason there really. *3 cheers*. Good to see help in the comunity and all that..!

And again, thanks for sharing :)

N(Posted 2005) [#10]
Why give your stuff away and make it uncompilable to people without cash?

Actually, Lotus R2 doesn't require F-UI, it's the editor that probably doesn't even work that needs it. And you'd still have to fix that up. So it's your call as to whether or not you want to spend the time and money ($15 isn't that much for supporting someone who created a gigantic GUI library that works near flawlessly and supports it well) trying to get it to work.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#11]
Hey, I'm with you :P