Tokamak Question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Tokamak Question

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#1]
Since it looks like I'll be using Tokamak after all, I need to ask a question about it's capabilities: How many rigid bodies are feasible at a time? My game will have higher end requirements than most Blitz3D projects, and I'm going to need lots of RB's...I'll have characters, scenery objects, items, particles (do those count as RB's?), etc. I'll want some of the particles to stick around for a bit, spent brass for example. I see myself needing a very large amount of rigid bodies at once...

Sweenie(Posted 2005) [#2]
What matters most is the collision-check between the bodies.
500 bodies thrown together in a pile will take alot of processing time but if you spread them across a big gamelevel you could get away with that amount.

It's generally hard to say how many bodies is allowed and therefor I advise you to make some performance tests, but remember the collision thing I mentioned above.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks for the reply! I shouldn't have much of a problem then, I plan to space them out fairly well. The only things that will be together in a big mess will be particles, and they don't collide with each other (right?).