tokamak doesn't work? What am i doing wrong?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/tokamak doesn't work? What am i doing wrong?

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#1]
Well... Here are the files:
Tokamak.dll
TokamakWrapper.dll
Tokamak.decls

I placed the Tokamak.dll and the TokamakWrapper.dll in my System32 Folder an the decls in my userlib folder... but i still get a "user lib is not found" when i try to run tokamak code from the Blitz IDE. Then I placed the two .dll's in the source code Folder but it still doesn't work.
What am i doing wrong?

Raitsun

GfK(Posted 2005) [#2]
You need the DLLs in your UserLibs folder.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#3]
That's where i hat them from the beginning... it doesn't work like this...

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hmmph...
Can you post up the code?

What version of Tokamak do you have? (should be 1.21) What wrapper version? (should be 0.6)

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#5]
The code is correct... it's blitz-tokamak sample code :)
but my tokamak version is 1.22...
I don't know where to get version 1.21 from, you can't download it from tokamak homepage anymore :(

Sterling(Posted 2005) [#6]
I have the decls file in my userlibs, and the tokamak.dll and tokamakwrapper.dll in my project source directory.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#7]
I have the same problem, and like him I have the wrapper version 0.6 but version 1.2.2 of the Tokamak DLL. Can't get it to work no matter what I do...

Sterling(Posted 2005) [#8]
So you need the 1.2.1 dll?.... I'm using 1.2.1 and I still have the SDK zip.

If so I can upload the whole SDK with the lib to my webspace, assuming the tokamak guys have no problem with that.

I dont see anything about a 1.2.2 tokamak DLL on the tokamak website.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#9]
That might be the only solution, if indeed the wrapper isn't up to date with the DLL. The current download on the tokamak website is version 1.22 (or 1.2.2 depending on where you look), and nothing I do will make it run. I believe it can be distributed freely, as long as you don't include it as part of a physics system, and all the files remain intact. I for one would be very greatful if you'd host it for me and raitsun, since he has the same problem it seems.

Sterling(Posted 2005) [#10]
Here ya go......

http://wwhaak.customer.netspace.net.au/files/tokamak_lib_1_21.zip

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#11]
Ok, tried it again...

Still won't run, same errors as before. Tried all the same fix suggestions, nadda. This gives me serious concern that even if I got it working on my system, it wouldn't work for people who get my game when it's finished. Thanks for trying to help out though, I just wish it would work...

Sterling(Posted 2005) [#12]
Make sure you dont have any older versions of the dlls on you hard drive as well, give this compiled test a go to see if its something to do with your blitz3D setup, if it doesn't run then your problem is somewhere else.

http://wwhaak.customer.netspace.net.au/files/tokatest.zip

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#13]
I haven't tried Tokamak since I reformatted my computer, so I'm sure there are no older traces of it...I'm able to run the demo you posted with no problems, but still I cannot work with Tokamak in Blitz3D. This really bugs me, from what I've seen and heard I really want to use this...

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#14]
Ok, now it works. This is bizzare. Turns out I still had a copy of the 1.22 library on my computer, deleted it, works now. Very tempermental library this Tokamak is...

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#15]
does work properly now.... thanks sterling. :)
Raitsun

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#16]
Ack I'm confused now... lol!
The TokamakPhysics.com home page says they are at version 1.21... So where is this mystical 1.22 from?

OrcSlayer(Posted 2005) [#17]
The Tokamak site is currently version 1.22...it's not listed in the news though just go to download and you'll see only version 1.22 is available.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#18]
Well, personally, ive got 1.22 and the same old wrapper and it works.... Try "reinstalling" the files, after redownloading everything :)