Blitz Media Packer Folder Problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Blitz Media Packer Folder Problem

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have decided to "skin" my game... Taking the easy way out I created several folders in the game directory (texas, vegas, and fruity) and placed the specialized graphics and sounds for each skin of my game in the corresponding folder. ALL of the special files had the same name so I only had to call the "directory$" of the particular file folder name to call the graphics. All was good.

I used BMPacker to pack and create the game for me. BMPacker is a wonderful program but I have to rethink my programming style a bit...

Though you can pack folders using BMPacker... they never unpack. Therefore you have to make sure to recode using particular filenames and restructure your simple created menus to work...

Anyone else had something like this?

Also it has been reported about a graphics glitch on certain machines... I suspect geForce but the user that has reported the error has not said what type of system he has.

RZ

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
you can use a path variable instead of moving into a directory. When the user chooses fruity, simply say skinpath$="fruity\" and then bar=Loadimage(skinpath$+"bar.jpg")

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#3]
I did that in my original program... nope. I instead changed ALL the files to what machine they belonged. "texas\arm.b3d" became ""+directory$+"arm.b3d" (or something similar...) It now works and the increase in packed EXE is only about 1270k thereabouts... No biggie.

The thing is PATH didn't work. It always rendered the LAST machine in the path (Fruity PubSlots) and never allowed a change to any of the others...

RZ

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
SOunds like a bug in the packer. You may contact Al.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#5]
I did... Al says no way.