vividgl-3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/vividgl-3d

ryan scott(Posted 2005) [#1]
is VividGL-3d lite anything yet?

site full of hype, looks very interesting but is anyone using it at this point?

http://dreamspace.freeprohost.com/Features.html

sigi(Posted 2005) [#2]
Forget it.

The Autor doesn`t respond in the Forums.

No Support, no Updates, no proper Docs....
Save Your Money, don`t buy it.

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#3]
heh, the author completely disappeard. Last time I spoke to him, he was going to give the Trinity out as freeware so others could build off of it.

Don't know whats going on now though, think his computer might have broken again.

hub(Posted 2005) [#4]
i agree with sigi. forget vivid.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#5]
A lesson to be learned me thinks.

I was looking forward to Trinty, shame, it takes a long time to win customers back.

puki(Posted 2005) [#6]
In relation to this:

Check the BasicGL forums before purchasing BasicGL- "arkon" and "ventru" appear to have gone walkies.

http://www.ag-tools.com/forum/index.php

EDIT:
arkon (Posted 2005-03-02 04:03:26)
Sorry everybody.
I can't actively participate in discussions and support, because I have some big troubles with health.

In the near future I will continue to work on my projects.

Please post all your questions about licensing and BasicGL engine to Modenov Ivan aka MOD at mod@...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
Puki, i guess its "kind of" related to this. but this is VividGL, not BasicGL :P

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#8]
It's a shame. Vivid is very fast. Just needs... a bit of work.

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#9]
Evak, there you (w)are!
My pc died...(That time of the year again.)
On a new 550Mhz althon now.(A step up, which only goes to show how far down the ladder I was.)
Aside from lost time, Tom(Be here now) got the v.latest source code versions of both trinity and rifa, so we can carry on from where we left of, if you havn't moved on by now...been a long time. or maybe british tv just made it feel very long.
3,700 spams with the occasional real e-mail to d/l on this 56k modem(Son of a b...), so won't have catched up for a while yet.

Regarding VividGL guys, although this has nothing to do with other promises, I did say i was going to be concetrating on trinity, but I did also promise betas etc of trinity so I guess you got screwed either way. Sorry is all I can say really, couldn't afford a 'new' base unit until now...still playing catch up here anyway....but evak is correct in that I'm leaning towards an open source engine this time.(The benefit for me being the engine will be better(In theory.) for whatever games I do. If vivid has taught me one thing, it's that you can't make a living writing 3d engines.
Anyone point out john carmack and i'll scream.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#10]
Good to see that you're back, Antony.
Hey, if you're on such a low-end computer, that means the engine is bound to be fast, right?

Can I (a vivid owner) please have the latest version of Trinity sent to me via email?

Also... Did your hard drive die? :( That sucks. Sometimes file recovery doesn't cost that much, so you may want to look at getting those files back.

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#11]
Hey Pickle, soon as I get it, be it from tom or an older version from ad, I'll be sorting all that stuff out.

My hard drive did die. Caught the first draft or educated guess? :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#12]
Educated guess. You seem to require to get source off of other people...
My copy of Vivid doesn't seem to have full source. It has the BB end stuff, but no dll stuff (assuming I am correct and there is dll stuff).

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#13]
Trinity is in the hands of a few people. and they do have every line of source code so nothing to be concerned about.
Vivid's .dlls are a chalk outline in the sands of time however, yes.

Alienforce(Posted 2005) [#14]
Antony!

Sent you an email .. right now. please check.

/Alienforce

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#15]
might be sensible to invest in a cd burner next time.
i can't believe how many folks do not back up stuff.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#16]
I just email my less important backups to my gmail account.
It's slow, but very handy and hardly a chance of losing it.

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#17]
or at least get a 2nd hard drive

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#18]
heh nice to see Antony back, My computer died a couple of weeks ago too. Just got a athlon64 3200+ :)

At the moment I have a ton of stuff to catch up with, been away from most things as my dog has been on the brink of death for 3 nights. 9% red bloodcell count due to auto immune anemia dysfunction or something.

Not to mention other things, I'd still like to work on Rifa, but I do currently have other commitments that have to take priority.

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#19]
What is it with peoples' computers dying?

I've had cd drives fail, a graphics card and monitor go tits up over the years but not the major fail that other people seem to experience regularly.

Perhaps it's because none of my PC's have been bought from a chain store and/or overclocked?

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#20]
heh, well my puter that broke was 5 years old, so it was in dire need of upgrading. However I got it working again after the fact. Turned out to be a 1 out of trhe 3 sticks of faulty ram, combined with a bad Dim socket.

So my wife has the 5 year old puter with a 5.5 year old video card, and I have a shiny new computer with a 4.5 year old video card :D

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#21]
My systems broken about 15 times in the last few months >.< The hell of replacing things to find out my ram WASNT dodgy and that my PSU was spumping out too much voltage (i later used this PSU to build my GF's pc. it fried the whole thing in one go to the point that you could HEAR the cpu sizzling!) (yes. i did have the heatsink and fan on.)

Madjack, yes. if youre a tinkerer, your systems tend to wear out faster due to the amount of...tinkering..you do.

Antony, 1) Buy an mp3 player with a large capacity.
2) Back important stuff up onto it.

You can get em cheaper than a USB memory stick!

Warren(Posted 2005) [#22]
If vivid has taught me one thing, it's that you can't make a living writing 3d engines.

True. You can, however, make a good living releasing them.

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#23]
yep, Mark doesnt need a second job

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#24]
Hm... Antony's web site is now nonexistent.
It seems that he has suddenly gone to the dark side.

Or worse! Maybe he has discovered the outside world!

mearrin69(Posted 2005) [#25]
WarrenM: True. You can, however, make a good living releasing them.

Heh, heh. Too true.
M