ODE Car DEMO by KURI

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/ODE Car DEMO by KURI

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#1]
Well, i want you to show what ODE in Blitz3D can do. I think that they can work very good together. Like ode.org says: "60% of the development time in a game with ode is the tuning stage". It uses a modified version of the Arkon great Wrapper.

www.lcuriel.arrakis.es/CarDemoKuRi.rar

Take care when driving :)
Infinite plane to avoid falling in the holes :D

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hi KuRiX,

Could you add a .zip version for download too, .rar gives me (and some others) problems.

Looking forward to checking out your demo :)

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#3]
Of Course, Here it is in Zip Format too:

www.lcuriel.arrakis.es/CarDemoKuRi.zip

Hope you like. Actually i modifiy the tuning of the demo almost every day (very slow advance...)

Dirk Krause(Posted 2005) [#4]
I sort of missed this - is Arkons wrapper available?

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#5]
Very nice demo there KuRiX, keep up the good work :)

Yeah, the tuning is probably the hardest bit I reckon.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#6]
I have a racing "engine" on hold at the moment... ihad considered it had been stopped, but when i play it, i love it, so i spend time developing it...

I'm owed a car model which is taking YONKS to arrive. i will either give it away with source (if i do give up) or finish it eventually...

I am also going to add ODE into Supernova (the final version). Yay ^.^

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#7]
cool, looking forward to seeing how ODE does. Nearly every game I've worked on could do with better physics, and more complex sliding intercollision between moving objects suitable for pushing and sliding vehicles against one another. Hope Bmax gets a good cross platform ODE solution by the time the 3d module is out :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#8]
Nice one.

Ive decided i will release a demo of my "car engine" after all, Pitty it fell apart before its original demo release time :/

I'm sure y'all will like :)
(give me a couple of days to get home to get the source)