BasicGL

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/BasicGL

Proger(Posted 2004) [#1]
Release the next update of BasicGL - 0.34.
- New scripts system
- User Shaders, Outline Shaders
- Full access to OpenGL
- System of Pathes
- More sound features
- Support of b3d format (without animation)

Download NOW!

Expect new commercial version of BasicGL.
Considerably modified documentation and new additions expect you.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#2]
yay!! BasicGL rules!

Eric(Posted 2004) [#3]
Are there tutorials on how to take an existing Blitz 3d Program and convert it to BasicGL... I'm eager to play with this on my game. But I don't know how to use the Functions. Can I use Tokamak with BasicGL? Can I use .X Models?

Regard,
ERic

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#4]
But I don't know how to use the Functions.

@Eric, you might start by studying the BasicGL examples. The functions are very similar to B3D's and I believe a number of them are the same except they start with a 'g'.

@Arkon, BasicGL is wonderful library. I'll certainly be buying when you go retail! How soon would you anticipate a C++ binding if I may ask?

Eric(Posted 2004) [#5]
What about loading .X Models?

Is BasicGL Faster than Blitz'z Render Engine?
Regards,
Eric

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#6]
What about loading .X Models?

Not yet evidently. From the BasicGL forums:
There is a support of md2, md3, ms3d, smd, mdc formats with animation and coming soon b3d format.
Without animation - 3ds, gts, md2, md3, mdc, ms3d, nmf, nurbs, obj, oct, ply, bsp, q3bsp, smd, stl and tin..

Is BasicGL Faster than Blitz'z Render Engine?

It is on my box. Radeon 9200 128M, Athlon 2.8G XP SP2 w/512M

Barliesque(Posted 2004) [#7]
I find that it runs at quadruple the speed of Blitz's render engine, on either of my two displays. Blitz3D will only render at its full speed on the primary display.

puki(Posted 2005) [#8]
In relation to this:

Check the BasicGL forums before purchasing BasicGL- "arkon" and "ventru" appear to have gone walkies.

www.ag-tools.com/forum/index.php

EDIT:
arkon (Posted 2005-03-02 04:03:26)
Sorry everybody.
I can't actively participate in discussions and support, because I have some big troubles with health.

In the near future I will continue to work on my projects.

Please post all your questions about licensing and BasicGL engine to Modenov Ivan aka MOD at mod@...

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#9]
You might want to put the price on your BUY NOW page showing BEFORE people click the button...

Some screenies would be nice...

DEMOs page is 404

But all in all looks interesting!

-RZ

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#10]
haha Rook..cool...haha :)

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#11]
Hi Rook,

Here are some screenies:

http://www.agtools.com.ru/index.php?pg=products

Its the old Product page of AG-Tools. There you can also download earlier Versions of BasicGL.

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#12]
Is this still available / being supported? Just asking as the download link returns a 404 error. Sorry for bumping the topic, just curious on the state of play with this.

Cheers,
Clyde

Zethrax(Posted 2005) [#13]
The project seems to be on hold at the moment, according to the news page at the BlitzGL website - http://www.ag-tools.com/news/ .

If you want to purchase it I'd suggest you email them first to find out what's going on. It took them almost six weeks to send my reg details after I purchased it.

Alienforce(Posted 2005) [#14]
Does anyone know what is really going on ??

I havent got any answear back.

/Alienforce

EmerGki(Posted 2006) [#15]
BasicGL is Dead????

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#16]
Yeah dude! Their site is bye bye!??! Bummer.

:(