FastText for BB3D 1108c ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/FastText for BB3D 1108c ?

Prym(Posted 2016) [#1]
Is it, for BB3D 1108c, a dll replacing the dll FastExtension ?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#2]
Ashadows?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=106282&post=1306990

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=106282&post=1306993

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Their latest news is way back 2010 so yeah, I don't think there's an update for 1108c

http://www.fastlibs.com/

Prym(Posted 2016) [#4]
I feel that $ ReadLine () does not support FastText ...
No support in FASTEXT libraries.
Can you confirm that?

Thanks for the link to aShadows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

J'ai l'impression que ReadLine$() ne fonctionne pas avec FastText ...
Aucun support chez FastExt libraries .
Peut-on me le confirmer ?

Merci pour le lien vers aShadows .

Yue(Posted 2016) [#5]
I do not think there are more atutualizaciones for Fastlibs, the web is broken in your login and does not respond in support, or via your facebook account.

I have been one of the most interested in communicating with, but as I see things, the project is abandoned.

Prym(Posted 2016) [#6]
Thank you Yue for your info .
I think I will manage with 1106 .

Yue(Posted 2016) [#7]
hello Prym , I want to tell my experience with version 1.106 , if it will work with Windows 7 operating systems or Windows XP , do not have Ingun problem, but versions like Windows and even as Windows 10 certain disadvantages arise, for example, the command Flip does not work in full screen mode , low FPS rate in windows 8 , strangers to end the application errors , so I would recommend that use the latest version of Blitz3D , which through a library is canceled directxplay and is much more stable.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#8]
I'm currently using Blitz3d 1.106 and FastExtension on Win 10 x64 and ran the "ShadowsMultiple_Demo.bb" from the examples using
Graphics3D 1280,800,0,1

on a steady 60fps without any adverse effects. No full screen bug, performance or exit issues. I think Blitz3d performs slightly better under Windows 10 than under previous Windows versions, but I cannot really confirm that for sure or test that as I do not currently have another Windows installed. Before I was using Windows 7, I skipped 8.x.

However "FastExt_Example_ChangeResolutionOther.bb" failed miserably freezing the entire machine.

So all I can say appears to be fine on 7 and 10 as long as no weird resolution changes are used, about 8.x I'm not so sure.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#9]
@
Rick Nasher
Hey you tried to run full screen Blitz3D 1,106 in Windows 10 ? In my case the Flip command does not work , and the rate of frames per second does not rise, however with the last version of Blitz3D if it works properly , so esoty using Ashadows . Another thing I noticed is that in my case had unexpected errors , errors in the last version not seen. Someone told me I could be my graphics card that did not accept the Flip command , but with the last version of Blitz3D , it works correctly .

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#10]
@Yue
Hi, I tried this and working fine:
While Not KeyHit(1)
	; update user input and animation
	MouseLook Camera
	If KeyHit(59) Then update = 1-update
	If KeyHit(60) Then debug = 1-debug
	If KeyHit(61) Then ShadowUpdate SecondShadow, 1-ShadowUpdate(SecondShadow)		; <<<< can enable/disable update for any (single) shadow object
	TurnEntity LightPivot, 0, 0.2*DeltaTime(), 0
	UpdateWorld

; update shadows and render scene
	If update Then UpdateShadows Camera			; <<<<<  Update Shadow system (use after UpdateWorld function and before RenderWorld function!)
	RenderWorld
	If debug Then DebugShadow FirstShadow		; <<<< can view shadow texture on screen for debug (use after RenderWorld function)

Text 10,10,FPS()
	Flip ;0 << I removed the 0 from the example to test if makes a difference to the Flip command..
Wend

So could indeed be the graphics card or rather: the driver. Perhaps an incompatibility. Weird then is that is working fine here, but I'm using an older driver for my card, so perhaps that's the cause.

Were you able to find a Windows 10 graphics card driver or did you also install an older version?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#11]
Hi, Here no work on Graphics3D ( 800, 600, 32, 1 ) : flip false

Yue(Posted 2016) [#12]
Hello, I commented that Nvidia released a new update drivers for my graphics card . 341.96 WHQL, and apparently the closure problem in Blitz3D 1,106 apliacación I was solved , I will make more evidence.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#13]

Here full screen Flip = 0 frame rate no up of 85, problem Blitz 1.106,

mode Windows Flip = 0 frame rate up.

In this case the problem is the new version of Blitz3D 1,106

Yue(Posted 2016) [#14]
Ok, problem frame rate low on full screen solved here. :) Fix Windows 8 and Windows 10 Fastlibs + Blitz3D 1.106

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=102094

In this case the only bad thing I see is not off directxplay .