Xors3D engine Full

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Xors3D engine Full

Yue(Posted 2016) [#1]
Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzkXGILTmN3JS1ZkTjBzdHo5UHc/view?usp=drive_web
Keys.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#2]

DirectX9 :D

PureBasic.
Blitz3D.
C++
Visual Studio.
BlitzMax

Instructions :

I hope you enjoy it.

Download DropBox: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzkXGILTmN3JS1ZkTjBzdHo5UHc/view?usp=drive_web

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2016) [#3]
Uh, Yue. Where's the Download link buddy? :P

Thanks!

~GF

Yue(Posted 2016) [#4]
@Guy Fawkes. One moment upload to DropBox. =)

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#5]
I do hope they will make it open source for further improvements

Ian Thompson(Posted 2016) [#6]
Couple of rather negative things, sorry.

Xors is dead, as dead as a Monty Python parrot. The actual developer left a full 2 years before they stopped selling it. I was, for a short time, part of the project. I did the Delphi, GLBasic and the original BlitzMax headers.

This will stop working, it's not bug-free at the moment and closed source.

On top of all that, it's still copyrighted, and unless you have written permission(from BOTH of the authors), this is just distributing a patched pirate copy.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#7]
I agree with Ian Thompson here and this is coming from him which he was part of the project for some time.

@Yue

Sorry but I don't understand the quest for DirectX 9 here, OpenB3D (OpenGL) wrapper for Blitzmax is already way ahead in terms of features and portability. True it's not easy as Blitz3D but the learning curve is not that steep.

DirectX is just a renderer, the same with OpenGL which also accomplishes the same visual quality, you just need to write your own shaders which is not possible in Blitz3D (except for hardwired which is bug ridden atm)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#8]
@RustyKristi
do not consider programmer, this is just one spends time doing things for games, but not a game as such in order to distribute it. In this case I think the most successful tools for me are like the Unity engine where everything is relatively done. Of course, I've managed to learn things in my learning curve from a decade ago with Blitz3D, but learn something new at this time I do not see it feasible, the end is just a hobby and my biggest problem is I do not speak English and do not understand stuff. Regarding Xors3D I share, because I think very subjectively someone who can serve and I think that the creators do not care.

Greetings.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2016) [#9]
@Ian : You seem to forget... XORS3D is on Steam. -.-

~GF

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#10]
@Yue,

Just saying.. :-)

@GF

Games made with Xors3D yes, Xors3D library don't see it unless you provide a link

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#11]
Hehehe, team Xors3D are defectors and it's a sort of a crime to the Blitz society for not releasing the source. I'm pretty sure some crafty people round here would have picked it up long time ago and perfected it into B3D-II.

Therefore we all should take paintball guns and hunt them down while they're running bare naked, scared and screaming through the woods in wintertime. ;-)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#12]
Edit First Post.
Shaders add documentation for Xors3D in pdf format in the download. =)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#13]
Nice documentation, I can probably learn something from that. Thanks.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#14]
@Ian Thompson

Since this is pretty much abandonware (no longer offer support) and for the sake of posterity, would you mind notifying (or can someone email) the authors so they can finally set this "officially" free and put it to good use?

But I was thinking maybe it is not since Xors3D is also available on other products like freebasic or something like that.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#15]
Afaik the authors are not responding to any attempts to contact them, which is a pity/shame as it's a really nice piece of work(in progress).

Yue(Posted 2016) [#16]
The situation in Russia is very precarious , all Russian programmers both physically and Xors3D libraries , and fastlibs are Russians and their good works are suspended for the situation in his country . It is truly a shame , hopefully not respond are well .

Yue(Posted 2016) [#17]
Include "..\bones.bb"
Include "Xors3D.bb"

PakOutputDir ""
PakInit "Data.Pak", $82F0273E, "TMP", $323B99AF
PakBulkOverWrite = True

xGraphics3D 640,480,32,0,True
camera = xCreateCamera()
light = xCreateLight()
xPositionEntity light,-1,-1,-1
xCameraZoom camera, 2.5
xPositionEntity camera,0,0,-15

Robot = xLoadMesh(pak("robot.B3D"),0)

;Pakclean()

While Not xKeyDown(1)

xTurnEntity robot,1,1,1,False
	xRenderWorld(1)
	xText 10,10,"One B3D Model - Textures Unpacked Automatically"
	xText 10,30,"Press ESC to Exit"
	xFlip
Wend

;EndGraphics
End

The PakMaker working on Xors3D. =)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#18]
Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#19]
@Rick Nasher

Do you think that today Xors3D you can create a game?

The question is because they say they have errors , but so far I have not noticed those mistakes.

2 Unlimited(Posted 2016) [#20]
Thank Yue for such a contribution making an already big programming language even bigger! On my system a few of the samples don't work as intended, for example, whole white blocks are being displayed instead of the textured ones here:

Yue(Posted 2016) [#21]
@2 Unlimited

Hello, seems to work well , all tests so far are satisfactory. On my computer all samples functioning properly.

outsider(Posted 2016) [#22]
Is it legal?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#23]
@outsider

As Ian Thompson, who have worked in this project already stated, it's not legal. Unless there's some proof of consent that they already made this officially abandonware.

I hate to rain into someone's parade as I would like to test this one too if I get some free time.

The trial version is legal though.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#24]
-.-
https://github.com/Guevara-chan/Xors3D-for-PB
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=61082

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#25]
Hey if the PureBasic guys can use it without being sued, so can we. ;-)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#26]
To me what I liked most is the documentation Shaders. =)

3DRCzy(Posted 2016) [#27]
Do you have that one Island demo that they made with Xors3D? Heres a link for it but it's dead.
http://latest.xors3d.com/demos/island.zip

Yue(Posted 2016) [#28]
No, I do not have , just as I'm looking demo heart.zip and script.zip .

Dazza(Posted 2016) [#29]
It's a real shame this died - I bought the engine, and it's one of the best that I've worked with - mainly due to the similar syntax to Blitz3D, but also because it's a real gem.

I really hope they release the source some day, as there's a few things I'd like to fix.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#30]
@dazza

you have the demos Heart.zip and Script.zip , I would like to share .

outsider(Posted 2016) [#31]
@Dazza
did you receive my mail about Xors3d?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#32]
Update Download. Earth.zip demo XxScriptSample.zip. :)

3DRCzy(Posted 2016) [#33]
Hopefully you find more demos :)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#34]
I find Island demo and Ragdoll demo.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#35]
You can probably find some xors3d codes/demos via this russian forum :
http://forum.boolean.name/forumdisplay.php?f=126
(use google translator to translate the whole webpage)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#36]

Update Download. GUI for Xors3D

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#37]
@Yue - cool demo's, please share.

@RemiD - Yeah ideed, I've picked up some nice stuff from round there years ago, but always run through antivirus. ;-)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#38]
Rick Nasher, ok new Update on Download.

3DRCzy(Posted 2016) [#39]
@Yue - Yes please provide if you can.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#40]
@3DRCzy

The download was updated.
Look at the download link.

3DRCzy(Posted 2016) [#41]
@Yue - I'm talking about the Island and Ragdoll demo, i don't see them there.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#42]
Ok , sorry my English is very bad, use google translator , I esotoy looking demos of the island and ragdoll, I do not have at the time .

3DRCzy(Posted 2016) [#43]
Oh okay, i understand.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#44]
The translator does not help much , I'm looking for those demos on the network. I hope to meet . I'm really baffled because this engine was abandoned , it is the perfect ideal for Blitz3D version 2, I have come to the conclusion that the situation in Russia is very complicated because all Russian programmers of the community have left their abandoned projects .

3DRCzy(Posted 2016) [#45]
Yeah, it's quite saddening to always come across projects like this that are abandoned. As you said, this would be make a great Blitz3D 2.0. But, there is Ploppy's project "Hardwired" which will be DX9-DX11 in Blitz3D. Hopefully that'll come out better than Xors3D and actually be continued from then on. But one can dream. Xors3D was so great, idk why they dissapeared or just abandoned it when it was going well.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#46]
:)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#47]
LOL

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#48]
someone should contact those people and ask them to free release their code..

it should be by law that anything that you offered for sale
you must release it to the public if you decided to abandon the project.
its simply cannot continue like that!

people pay good money and rely on a product that suddenly goes out of the market..

Cocopino(Posted 2016) [#49]

it should be by law that anything that you offered for sale
you must release it to the public if you decided to abandon the project.

Hmmm... Microsoft and Apple might think otherwise :)
I think people should just let go of Xors3D. I also paid for a license but it's not going anywhere.
Even if the source were to be released, who would pick it up?

There's Openb3d, Minib3d, Ninfa3D, an Irrlicht mod and probably a lot of other engines using Blitz and the B3d command set. Free, open source and much more portable than a Windows only Dx9 engine...

Yue(Posted 2016) [#50]
Edit Frist Post. Keys licence for Xors3d.

Activate xkey(...)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#51]
Wasn't Squid part of team Xors3D?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#52]
I must admit having to test the Xors3D demos, OpenB3D is still way better overall. The only problem I seem to have with OpenB3D is how it handles collisions.

eNano(Posted 2016) [#53]
Nevermind, already solved

outsider(Posted 2016) [#54]
Hi Yue,

Can you please reupload full version of Xors?

Link from first post is dead.

dna(Posted 2016) [#55]
Will someone please post a link to the Xors engine for Blitz3D.

I found the Purebasic site but the others I cannot find

I know this is a dead, or old subject, but your help is appreciated. Consider it a a New Years gift to a few of us

Yue(Posted 2016) [#56]
Update Link on first Post. :)

dna(Posted 2017) [#57]
This is probably going to be a stupid question but do I need to use the serial numbers listed for Xors?

How do I post an image in this forum?

RustyKristi(Posted 2017) [#58]
@dna

You do know the licensing status of Xors3D is grey area? As the guys here always say, it does not mean it's legally free to use if it's already abandonware.

I'd invest more on opensource options like Irrlicht wrapper which is working, equally or has *more same features and different rendering options (DX9, OpenGL, Software Renderer). *You just need to write your custom shaders or stuff which is the point of working on this type of game libraries.

Check out the latest version by AquaLung. http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=106558

I was also excited by the release of Xors download here at first but had second thoughts. Hard to invest your dev time where you're using a product which is now shady, has a few to none users and support.

dna(Posted 2017) [#59]
@RustyKristi

Oh, thanks. I thought the Irrlicht engine was dead or abandoned.
Thought I read that on another thread here.

I'll try it

** . . . But the Xors looks better when executing.

*** NO. The Xors will have to do if I cal get the program to recognize the library.
Having trouble compiling portions of that which it looks like it needs before operating

How do I upload images for trouble shooting?

RustyKristi(Posted 2017) [#60]
** . . . But the Xors looks better when executing.

that's what I'm saying, the irrlicht package has the default package and converted demos only. Not the same with Xors3D which already has the most shader stuff done for you that's why it looks good.

BuildAWorld made with Irrlicht..

Great shaders and art makes all engines looks the same visually, that's the reality. Performance and other engine feature is another topic..

How do I upload images for trouble shooting?

check out "forum codes" on top of reply/comment box link on how to do that.

RustyKristi(Posted 2017) [#61]
*** NO. The Xors will have to do if I cal get the program to recognize the library.
Having trouble compiling portions of that which it looks like it needs before operating

The best people you can get Xors support from here is with the uploader (Yue) which apparently is not that good with the English language. Maybe you can do Spanish?

I'd say it again, use it but don't expect support because nobody here is actually using it except for the uploader and a few people hiding around.

I'm not trying to discourage you or bum you out just giving you some sound advice so you don't have to waste time.

good luck!

dna(Posted 2017) [#62]
I'm having trouble getting the compiler to find the library.

The source and the library is in the same directory, the program compiles but does not run giving the error that you see there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8jhw8GoxwUJQVRrcUVYWnE0cGs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8jhw8GoxwUJNUFuQVZ6cDZEQkk

Yue(Posted 2017) [#63]
@dna

Copy libs en your folder of proyect.

for samples view, copy on folder basic o other of sambples.

dna(Posted 2017) [#64]
@Yue
I did that and still get that message.

Yue(Posted 2017) [#65]
@dna Update DirextX and Copy decls on folder root Blitz3D "Userlibs".

dna(Posted 2017) [#66]
@Yue

Thanks.

The update did it.

Yue(Posted 2017) [#67]
@dna :D

Rick Nasher(Posted 2017) [#68]
@Yue
I was under the impression there were unsolved bugs in Xors3D.
Did you experiencing any bugs with it?

Yue(Posted 2017) [#69]
So far the only mistake he experienced is working with cars, where the tires tremble. The rest I do not know, I do not know anything about shaders or those things.

To solve the error, I did this.

Const FPS:Int=60
Local period:Int=60/FPS
Local time:Int=MilliSecs()-period:Int

'xWireFrame ( True ) 
camara.FadeIn()
time:Int=MilliSecs()-period:Int
While Not(xKeyHit(XKEY_ESCAPE)) 

Repeat  
	  elapsed = MilliSecs() - time  
	Until elapsed

ticks = elapsed / period
	tween# = Float(elapsed Mod period) / Float(period:Int)
	For k=1 To ticks
		time = time + period
		If k = ticks Then xCaptureWorld()

Explorador.Motor()
		Explorador.Freno()
		Explorador.Volante()

xUpdateWorld(10.0)
		'camara.Libre(explorador.chassis:Int)
		'xTurnEntity ( sol.luz:Int, 0.01, 0, 0 ) 	

Next

xRenderWorld(tween#,True)
	'xDrawImageRect(botones:Int, 100,100, 0,posStartY:Int, 256,64)
	xDrawImage(puntero:Int, xMouseX(), xMouseY() ) 

xRect (100,100, 100 ,50,1)
	If xImageRectOverlap(puntero:Int, xMouseX(), xMouseY(),100,100,100,50 ) Then

End 

End If 

InfoDesarrollo(Explorador:TExplorer)	

xFlip()

If xKeyHit(xKEY_UP) Then 
		xEntityApplyCentralForce( explorador.chassis:Int, 0, 2000*50*3, 0, False ) 
	End If 

If xKeyHit(xKEY_R) Then 

xPositionEntity( explorador.chassis:Int, 0, 7.5, 0 ) 

End If 

Wend

Rick Nasher(Posted 2017) [#70]
c00l, thanks buddy.

Yue(Posted 2017) [#71]
Another error is when you assign xGraphicsAspectRatio, the 2D drawing commands as rectangles and ovals look rather strange. For example, a rectangle created with a Rect of 5x5 is not seen as a square, but as an elongated rectangle

KronosUK(Posted 2017) [#72]
Bugs/issues i have experienced with Xors3D include:

The terrain functions is a bit crap/slow - visible cracks between tiles etc

Shadow functions really slow things down. I think I once calculated it was rendering something like 16 times, for a single frame, for default shadows. Shadow distance is tied to camera range which is a bit inconvenient.

Loading and copying animated meshes is incredibly slow. Something that loaded in Blitz3d in less than a second was taking 15+ seconds on Xors3d.

Loading meshes with child meshes was broken in as much as although they look like they have loaded correctly the rotation axes of the child meshes were all screwed up. I reported this bug which they tried to fix but it never worked properly.

Yue(Posted 2017) [#73]
My experience with the terrains is not dramatic, apparently everything works perfectly here.

What I have noticed with the land is that if they are loaded in threads the land does not receive shadows, since the land is broken in many fragments.

On the shadows it is understandable that the performance compared to Native Blitz is thicker and depending on the configuration of the shadows affect the performance.

And of the animated mesh I have not noticed that.

On children I have no chance to experiment with them.

But what I think is that they are not so serious problems and with a little creativity can be solved.

Note that I use BlitzMax with Xor 3d

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#74]
Thanks Yue for providing Xors!

Hardcoal(Posted April) [#75]
They should release the code of Xors3D for those who dependent on it on their projects so others can fix its main errors..

xlsior(Posted April) [#76]
They should release the code of Xors3D for those who dependent on it on their projects so others can fix its main errors..

If you create your own stuff feel free to give away the source, but you can't make any claim to someone else's code...

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#77]
Yea Ive heard it before..
I only say it would be nice if they will?!

erosPi(Posted June) [#78]
Thanks for posting this great engine.
what is the example referred to by the transparent colored glass (like a church window glass) the third picture from the bottom of the Yue post, i can't find it in the examples
thanks

Yue(Posted June) [#79]
this?

erosPi(Posted June) [#80]
Hi Yue
yes this example, thank you

Yue(Posted June) [#81]
This sample find dir ShaderPack.