Free payment ???

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Free payment ???

blicek(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello

Of course all users Blitz3D and BlitzPlus know I also found that they became free in both the software and source codes!!

So WHY The LIBRARY USERS Are Paid???????????????????????

for example:

fastimage

This is in my opinion the robbing and illegal collection of money!!!!

Please suggestions

Blicek

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#2]
Feeling entitled much?

Those libraries were created by other companies/people -- why on earth should they be required to give their creations away for free too?

Just be grateful you got B3D / BlitzPlus for free, many others have paid good money for it over the years.

blicek(Posted 2015) [#3]
Ok! Ok!

Maybe ill I wrote. Just the point here is that the user who has registered your own server and puts out there for example, created by myself in blitz basic 3d as the extension or library ready and, of course, gets a fee for it it is OK!

Interested me is that by downloading directly from it as www.blitzbasic.com any extension of the breakdown in B3D it why should I pay for it. And FastImage gave only! for example,
(and here I'm going to purchase it)

I don't think it's a "PROBLEM"

Blicek

videz(Posted 2015) [#4]
For around $25 package price on all fastlibs I think it's a bargain. You can create a decent game with those enhancements with the now free Blitz products.

Yep it's 3rd party and the demos seems nice.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#5]

So WHY The LIBRARY USERS Are Paid?
This is in my opinion the robbing and illegal collection of money

Nobody force you to buy anything, and people don't owe you anything... If you are not happy, build it yourself. pfff

Floyd(Posted 2015) [#6]
Alternate theory: The add-ons should cost more than before because you have extra money to spend, i.e. the money you did not pay for Blitz3D.

2 Unlimited(Posted 2015) [#7]
Alternate free library: SpriteControl
It can load images which are not necessarily square and power-of-2 sized.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2015) [#8]
Entitlement culture at its finest.

stayne(Posted 2015) [#9]
What's the newest version of B3D that Fastlibs works with?

2 Unlimited(Posted 2015) [#10]
A much better free userlib is Draw3D2, with features:
- rendering to any surface you want (default is screen)
- image illumination
- bitmap fonts
- simple GUI
- 2D physics
- particle effects
and many more!

GfK(Posted 2015) [#11]
Nobody wants to pay for anything these days.

Matty(Posted 2015) [#12]
By your rationale no software should be paid for since almost all dev tools are available in some form or another as open source versions. I mean hey....there are free C compilers so anyone who builds something in C must therefore release for free?

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#13]
If Microsoft ever were to make Windows free (yeah, right), no one should be allowed to charge for any windows program?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2015) [#14]
If the software is all free, shouldn't computers be free? I think so.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#15]
Let's say senseless things a bit more : if the computers are free, shouldn't the electricity be free ?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2015) [#16]
Let's say senseless things a bit more
Problem is, not everyone thinks it's senseless. They dream of a Communist utopia where it's all free. They just don't realise one day Atlas will shrug.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2015) [#17]
Wow... You feel like a big man picking on the new people, hmm, John GLOAT? You enjoy that. I can't stand you anyway. I'm leaving this thread.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2015) [#18]
You hurt my feelings. Please apologise.

2 Unlimited(Posted 2015) [#19]
Also you may consider solutions outside the box, and totally ignore BRL products.

By the way, free FastExtension: Ashadow [I distiled and packed the files on this page into a single one.]

Goodbye!
TERMINATOR

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#20]
I think everything will be free in 150 to 300 years max(perhaps more soon). They'll laugh and feel sorry for how silly and pathetic we were, struggling for matter our entire lives. It will hold no meaning, for everything one wishes for will be there, instantly.