Userlib by MixailV for fix on Windows 8 [B3D]

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Userlib by MixailV for fix on Windows 8 [B3D]

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]
This lib aims to solve the problem in full screen in windows 8, where performance was falling drastically.

this lib needs to be tested, in order to use Fastlibs with b3d version 1.06.

Download Mediafire : http://www.mediafire.com/file/xe0s9f1nasbbss5/WinFix.zip

Code in Blitz3D.

TypeOS% = CompatData%(12, 0)
print TypeOS%  ; Return 0 Windows XP.

Graphics3D(...
waitkey()

file decls.
[bbcode]
.lib "winfix.dll"
CompatData%(type%, val%):"CompatData"[/bbcode]

thanks to the developer Fastlibs

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#2]
This is no longer needed correct? Wasn't it solved with one of the final updates to Blitz3d where the problem was related to the wrong .dll being included in Windows 8 for older DX applications?

If I recall correctly many other games including the DX7 SDK itself had this issue under 8 until the correct .DLL was placed into the same folder you launched your blitz3d application from.

Didn't the DirectPlay feature also solve this?

RustyKristi(Posted 2017) [#3]
Imperium, you're responding to a post 3 years ago. Fastlibs site is down now and the product might be considered abandonware.

Still needed with version 1.106 as Fastlibs only works up to that version.

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#4]
I actually bought Fastlibs but only make use of the Fasttext extension. Sorry I didn't notice the date I was linked to this post from another. Didn't this only affect Windowed performance?

I've been away from this community awhile. Maybe Yue can provide this .dll? :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2017) [#5]
I see. Yes actually do a search on his previous threads, he just posted it a few weeks ago.. :-)

Yue(Posted 2017) [#6]
The version compatible with the fastlibs of Blitz3D, is the version 1.106, with superior versions does not work.

Now, when you use the WinFix library, it's like you're using a higher version of blitz3d, only it's compatible with fastlibs.

In my experience in Windows 8/10, the Flip command set to false value, did not lift the FPS in full screen mode, so when using this library it is as if you used the latest version of blitz3d but I repeat compatible with Fastlibs

Yue(Posted 2017) [#7]
To solve the problem of directPlay, simply copy the dplayx.dll library into the directory of the game.

Http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=106806

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#8]
Great thanks Yue! I'm having problems following your first response though... :(

Where can I download the Winfix.dll?

Yue(Posted 2017) [#9]
Update First Post Download. :)

What I mean is that the WinFix library is the update for Blitz3D that fixes an error in windows 8 and 10 related to the Flip command. This correction was implemented by the developer Blitz3D, but no longer allowed to use Fastlibs, but when using the winfix library, it is like using the latest version 1.108 but compatible with Fastlibs.

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#10]
So this .DLL restores Fastlibs in the latest version of Blitz3d? YAY! :D

Thank you Sir!

TheHappyJammer(Posted April) [#11]
So to clarify, this userlib is compatible with v1.108? Or was this userlib implemented in the latest build?

Yue(Posted April) [#12]
@TheHappyJammer

1.106 + Fastlibs Ok.

1.106 + WinFix = 1.108 and run Fastlibs.