Fastlibs has broken with the upgrade 1,107 B3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Fastlibs has broken with the upgrade 1,107 B3D

Yue(Posted 2013) [#1]
Crash Crash Crash!!

virtlands(Posted 2013) [#2]
Thanks for letting us know. It's best not to update to 1.107 . http://www.fastlibs.com/

Blitzplotter(Posted 2013) [#3]
Ditto, thanks for the heads up.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#4]
I asked MikhailV if there's any chance on a fix.

:-)

Yue(Posted 2013) [#5]
@Rick Nasher
But he did not answer, I responded to you in support?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#6]
@Yue
Nope. Maybe he has better things to do, or perhaps he's still investigating(hopefully)..

Yue(Posted 2013) [#7]
The domain will expire in December, might have left the project because he died frozen somewhere in Russia.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#8]
well not everything is so bad, the lib Ashadow not broke.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#9]
Well I hope that MikhailV will give it to the community if he really stops the FastLibraries project.

Would be a shame if his hard work would go down the drain.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#10]
Good thing I bought fastlibs :P

I can give it out. But ONLY if you find out from him that it's ok.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#11]
It does not respond in support, so we have no sign of life from him and what I sense is that there will be no more updates, in which case the end of December we realize it expires on 24 Fastlibs.com domino

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#12]
And I was planning to buy FastImage for x-mas(I own a FastExtension license already)..

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#13]
Well then, Yue. When his website expires, I will post the fastlibs. (I have all 3).

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#14]
Well then, Yue. When his website expires, I will post the fastlibs. (I have all 3).

Just because he doesn't appear to respond or sell them, doesn't give you the rights to redistribute them... It's still a copyright violation.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#15]
LOL, unfortunately yes. But it's a shame, cos a lot of good stuff goes down the toilet like that, even though the original authors never even bother to touch the code again.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#16]
Remember XORS...

Yue(Posted 2013) [#17]
@XLSIOR

In my ignorance I think, that if there is more product support and breaks the contract, and each party is free of it I also think I have the FastLibs and liberate if it is not the author of it by saying he intends to do with the project.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#18]
Yue: Copyright laws don't work that way.

Regardless of how unfit for its advertised purpoise a product may or may not be, that doens't give anyone other than the copyright holder the legal rights to create additional copies to give away.
At most you could sue for a partial refund.

If you were to violate the copyright and redistribute it own your own without a license to do so, you could end up on the receiving end of a lawsuit yourself -- one you'd lose.

(Now whether anyone would bother with that is a different matter of course, but you'd still be in the wrong)

Yue(Posted 2013) [#19]
And now, where I find the developer of the Fastlibs?, To tell me some of the money back, I am in Colombia and he was kind russia, really worth more demand what can he do to me and he wants me me back some of the money.

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#20]
You posted his facebook account here: http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=101457#1204916
We can be sure that that account is his, since in his "profile information" there's a link to "fastlibs.com."

You will need a facebook account for this. Send him a message there, asking him for a refund on the grounds that the latest version of FastExt is not working with the latest version of Blitz3D.
If he refuses or does not answer, threaten him with a lawsuit. He posted a few days ago, so he is "alive" and will certainly read your message.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#21]
and will send a message to your facebook and your email fastlibs support, but no response, I think at least I would like a response from him saying one thing and another, but does not answer, or at least not facebook sure if you have read the message because I have not agragado as a friend and I think those messages goes to the other side.

What really bothers me is that it does not say anything about it, unless you happen yet says nothing and that if it causes discomfort.

RifRaf(Posted 2013) [#22]
threaten him with a lawsuit? seriously? Thats not a great way to negotiate for an update. His lib has been great, I used it a lot too. Dont bite his head off cause hes not here every day checking for blitz3d updates :)

perhaps point him to this topic where he can see More than one person need support?

Yue(Posted 2013) [#23]

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#24]
Has anyone heardd anything at all from MikhailV?

Would indeed be a shame if he didn't at least acknowledge awereness of the issues

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#25]
Given the way BRL treated him, I am not sure what benefit there is for him to continue supporting a product he was banned from.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#26]
Didn't know that. Why on earth banned?? Such a brilliant extension..

Osoko(Posted 2013) [#27]
I've the same pb with this update and fastlib !

Since fastlib is part of my programs, i had to find a turnaround with this windows 8 fullscreen bug;

Found It : Win 8 on windows mode maximised without border !

Give you the code a bit adpated : unfortunatelly i've losed the origin of it. But thank's to original the contributor !

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#28]
Given the way BRL treated him, I am not sure what benefit there is for him to continue supporting a product he was banned from.

I had no idea of this either, though I totally understand and agree too. Still a shame all round.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#29]
It has given us all a kick in the balls and should be mocking us.

MikhailV(Posted 2014) [#30]
@Yue, wtf?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#31]
Hey, man to finally get your attention, do not get me wrong, I just wanted to ask if it is possible to update the fastlibs the new version of Blitz3D, or in this case if you do not tell us, as some hope in the community response the case.

We recognize that your library is very powerful and for that reason is a complement to excellent Blitz3D.

Regards and forgive me if I have bothered but I did not find another way to get your attention.

A greeting.

Edit: The photo is of the devil fastlibs. xD

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#32]
Yesss, MikhailV! Back from outta space? ;-)

Another vote from me for FastExtend version 1.18: Please, please, please, please? (begging here)

My guess is that's it's just takes a minor adaptation, but I could be wrong...

Yue(Posted 2014) [#33]
This appears when you try to talk Don God and nothing happens.

After insisting a good time with your facebook attempts to get his attention, to achieve it, but still no response ... at least the good thing is that all the speculation was forbidden at this location can confirm that they are not true.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#34]
Well, at least the developer has spoken about it and says the following using your Facebook account.

"As you can sack a while to upgrade, however no promises"

So we can say that there is a remote hope, that gives us the creator.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#35]
That would be really nice.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#36]
Good news ...

I talked to the developer of fastlibs MikhailV by facebook, and told me that acutalización need a time of about four days and it is impossible for him to have that free time to upgrade. however saw very viable possibility to create a lib that fix the problem of Windows 8 in full screen mode, in which case it is much more convenient to upgrade all fastlibs. So we could use Blitz3D + Fastlibs 1.06 + dll and continue using Fastlibs.

Also mentions that an update is difficult, first because of time and secondly, that I have not touched the code.

:)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#37]
Eagerly awaiting the fix.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#38]
http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=102094

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#39]
Wow, thanks MikhailV! (and our very persistent and persuasive Yue)

Can't test it yet as I haven't installed Win8 just yet(kinda hate it, event though I have to support it by profession).

_33(Posted 2015) [#40]
Because of the FastLibs, which I have taken months into using them and developing with them, it seems that the blitz3D support has dropped since version 1.107 and up. It saddens me even more now because stuff that I have done simply won't run on more recent setups.

So I don't think I wasted my time using them, but it does feel like that because things I did 7-8 years ago don't run anymore either because the blitz3d version is too old or the Fast Libs just don't update with the more system compatible Blitz3D.

Shame.

_33(Posted 2015) [#41]
Maybe Fastlibs should do like Blitz3D, just be open source and free, so people that want to keep on using them can fix the issues themselves.

videz(Posted 2015) [#42]
Maybe Fastlibs should do like Blitz3D, just be open source and free, so people that want to keep on using them can fix the issues themselves.

+1 actually I can agree on you with this one _33 !

If the author doesn't even bother to keep up with the latest blitz3d stable release, at least 1.107 maybe he can post it free/opensource.

If this gets improved, blitz3d will be improved as well.

JanDK(Posted 2015) [#43]
I would really like to buy FastLibs, but if it's not compatible with latest Blitz3d version, then it's a waste of money. Like many others, I (resently) got the free version af Blitz3D, and maybe Fastlibs again will be in demand...perhaps! I know that there is ongoing hard work on DX9/DX11 for Blitz3d Hybrid/Hardwired and just maybe...there is a (great) future for Blitz3D and other Userlibs like fastlibs...(being very positive now )

kiami(Posted 2015) [#44]
It seems Blitz3D never dies! I use it too. I use fastLibs too, using 1.106 version of Blitz3D.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#45]
Me too, 1.06 + Fastlibs. :) on Windows 10

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#46]
Same here, hehehe. That combo rulez.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#47]
Hello,

Can somebody confirm which version of FastExt to use (and where to download it) with Blitz3d v1.106 so that it works well with Win7, Win8, Win10, as mentioned by Yue ?
(i have paid for a license)

Thanks,

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#48]
Blitz3d v1.106 + FastExtension 1.17 seems to work well here (on Windows 7)...
Can somebody who uses FastExtension and has done some tests (on Windows 7, 8, 10) explains what the fix that Yue mentionned here :
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=102094
is supposed to do ?

Thanks,

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#49]
I use V1.17(latest)with 1.106 and no problems sofar (that I know of) under Windows 7 and 10.
Win 8.x was having some issue's I believe, which are solvable following the fix above that Yue luckily was able to get out of MikhailV by being very persuasive. lol

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#50]
@Rick>>Ok thanks for the confirmation.

About the fix, i don't understand what it is supposed to do since the description only explains that CompatData() returns a value indicating if the os is Windows XP or not, very vague...

Also about the issues on Windows 8, is it only a problem on fullscreen mode or also in windowed mode ?

Thanks,

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#51]
@RemiD
Perhaps "CompatData%(12, 0)" sets a value inside the B3D window being used so that it will "fix" things just like the 1.107 B3D update by BRL, but with this DLL you can keep using 1.106 as there's no need to use 1.107 anymore? (guessing here of course). I can't say I've experienced slowdown any more since my last Win10 reinstall(had to for MS NVIDIA update killed it to 0FPS and Syst Restore refused as well as MS repair features).

Haven't actually tested the Win8.x thing myself(skipped it like most peeps lol), and everyone I know that had it, went over to 10 asap, so I guess that lovely Win8 ship has sunken with all crew members aboard. ;-)

However I think Yue should be able to answer this as he experienced it first hand apparently. (Perhaps drop him a line if he doesn't read this?)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#52]
Hello, it is not updated at least for a while the fastlibs, because the situation in the country (Ukraine) developer is somewhat complicated by the armed conflict.

The library serves to prevent deseleramiento FPS in full screen, in this case Windows XP recognizes if not to activate it, but if running in Windows 8 automatically activated, to improve FPS at full screen.

What is not is whether this works in all versions of Windows 8.

A greeting.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#53]
@Yue>>Thanks for the precision.

the situation in the country (Ukraine) developer is somewhat complicated by the armed conflict

I hope that he is ok...

Have you tested this fix and seen a difference on Windows8 ?

Also what about the effect of this fix on WindowsVista, on Windows7, on Windows10 ?

Yue(Posted 2015) [#54]
Hello, I tried it with Windows 8, but remember that version was and if it worked correctly. In this case the new update Blitz3D was based on that library through a user named jackfuste, but for which we use Blitz3D + Fastlibs was not feasible, so the author of the Fastlibs made the library.

Here is the full forum on August Windowws problem.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=99477
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=101428