Fast Extend Library - Error

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Fast Extend Library - Error

oss133(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

I have downloaded the trial version and put it in my Blitz3d folder. When I try and run any of the examples I get an error saying Function "ExtVersion" not found. The FastExt.bb has been opened and the cursor moved to this line;
If FE_VERSION<>ExtVersion() Then

I am not sure what to do about this.

I have checked my versions and all seems ok.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Yasha(Posted 2013) [#2]
You have installed the DLL correctly using the Blitz3D\userlibs folder? (Is this the full or trial version of B3D? Trial version may not support this..)

If you don't know about userlibs:

Programs that rely on functionality from an external DLL must make the DLL visible to the B3D compiler using a .decls file, listing the functions to import. This .decls file goes in the Blitz3D\userlibs folder. The DLL can also go in that folder, or into your project's working folder; when the time comes to build an exe and distribute your program a copy of the DLL must go with it. Some .decls files also name DLLs from Windows' system files, which will be found automatically on any machine (do not copy or move these, doing so is against the terms of use). You also need to close and reopen the B3D editor.

There should be a file with more detailed instructions and an example in the userlibs folder itself. If the folder is not there, you're using an old version of the compiler that doesn't support extension DLLs, and will need to update B3D.

oss133(Posted 2013) [#3]
This is the full version of B3D and the trial version FastExt.

oss133(Posted 2013) [#4]
Thanks for your help. I did not have the .decls file in the right folder.