Nsprite2 - Now Free?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Nsprite2 - Now Free?

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#1]
The author of Nsprite 2 found has informed me that he no longer has the time to support or update his product. As a result we should see a release of this library for free very soon.

http://www.nuloen.com/nsprite2.html

I just started using Nsprite2 and honestly I consider it a "must have" for anyone using Blitz3d. The demos run dazzlingly fast even on a 32mb video card.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#2]
When is this going free? I NEED this...

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#3]
Here is what I did...

1. Bought it.
2. Next day author refunded purchase and told me to keep it.

I will not distribute it against the authors wishes but definitely get this!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#4]
Well can't he just freely release it instead of making us go through all that trouble?

RGR(Posted 2013) [#5]
Egocentric kids like you are the reason why other people these days think twice if they should ever give away anything for free.

I NEED this ... instead of making us go through all that trouble

You seem to be the most unpleasant person ever seen in a forum!

It's a friendly offer! Not anything you can demand!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#6]
Leave what I and others post ALONE. PERIOD. Your kind is not welcome here. If you're gonna be another douche bag, don't speak at all.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2013) [#7]
RGR is welcome here. PERIOD.

If it's too much trouble to ask nicely, assume it's too much trouble for the author to give many many hours of work for free.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#8]
Well can't he just freely release it instead of making us go through all that trouble?
Jeez, you really are an ass, aren't you? Don't you think the guy went to any "trouble" creating NSprite2 in the first place? You don't have any right whatsoever to demand free software and I hope it's creator does a u-turn on that idea now, just to spite cretinous freeloaders like you. [edit] That's aimed exclusively at Thundros, not the OP.

I've been here for almost 13 years and in that time I don't think I've ever encountered anybody as selfish, greedy, lazy, demanding and generally unpleasant as you are.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#9]
You know, you can stop being a troll ANY time. I am no longer talking to you. Good day.

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#10]
Here is a portion of the email:

Honestly, I forgot to disable the sales page, this product should no longer be up for sale. I haven't used Blitz3D in several years.
I really no longer have time to offer support for this. I can't issue a refund directly from my end, but please contact BMT Micro to get a refund. You can keep the nSprite 2 license tho!

Jocelyn.

I was against accepting a refund because the author deserves credit for such a fantastic library. (Easily worth the asking price.) What I would suggest is contacting the author then maybe he will agree to release it formally for free? I will not distribute it because it's not up to me to make that decision.

Yasha(Posted 2013) [#11]
How does this compare to Draw3D?

That one was free from the start, for anyone in doubt.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#12]
Because I didn't know this existed! OMG, THANK YOU, YASHA! :O

Ringo(Posted 2013) [#13]
@Thundros NSprite is a sprite lib,it is not that difficult to create your own.Which is probably easier to understand and follow anyway.

Thought you got banned.Klingon