There were one time...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Tutorials/There were one time...

semar(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello blitzers,

one time I've seen an impressive B3D sample code with water reflection and - if I recall correctly - dynamic lighting.

In the level there were a stone statue with a face, placed in front of a water pool. The water reflects a torch light, and you can even dive in the pool, to observe a kind of water refraction.

I can't find this sample code anymore. Could anyone help me to find it again ? Is it located in the B3D 3DSample directory ?

Sergio.

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#2]
I've uploaded it here: Rob's cube map demo

The file extension is .txt because my free web space will not accept a zip file.
So after downloading the file you must rename it.

semar(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks Floyd, that was exactly what I needed.

By the way, may I ask which tools have you used to model and lighmapping the level ?

Regards,
Sergio.

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#4]
I just searched my collection of Blitz stuff and then uploaded the file.

The real author is Rob Cummings. He still shows up here occasionally.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#5]
If I may give some suggestions: for Modelling and Texturing the level, you could use 3DS Max + B3D Pipeline, or Blender + GandalDF (these are, respectively, software and B3D exporting plugin).

For Lightmapping, you can use the now freeware Gile[s], wonderful piece of software written by Fredborg.

semar(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks Kryzon for the tips.

I've found also Dele3D quite good, it can also lightmap, and the pro version will go open source in a couple of weeks.

I've tryed Gile[s] (the new version) but I don't find it really easy to use. I've read that the new version has some issue that should be fixed, so I reverted to the previous version, but again, I - personally - don't find it really user-friendly.

Thanks anyway,
Sergio.