Blitz3D Docs Patch for v 1.99

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Tutorials/Blitz3D Docs Patch for v 1.99

markcw(Posted 2008) [#1]
I decided to add the undocumented commands to the Blitz3D docs after reading a topic about it. The commands added are:
BufferDirty buffer
GraphicsLost()
MeshCullBox mesh,x#,y#,z#,width#,height#,depth#
DirectInputEnabled()
EnableDirectInput enable
ActiveTextures()
Handle(object)
Object.typename(objecthandle)
RuntimeStats
Stats3D(Type)

Download the b3ddocspatch199.zip here
http://www.blitzmax.com/logs/userlog.php?user=8652&log=1737

You must extract the files to your main Blitz3D folder.

I couldn't figure out what Stats3D does and I haven't an example for MeshCullBox so if anyone wants to add these feel free. Also feel free to post any improvements.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#2]
It would be nice to have this added officially.

Jason.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#3]
It's sort of official, many of the commands have text written by mark sibly.

puki(Posted 2008) [#4]
Yeh, some of these are in the new, printed, Blitz3D programming manual - makes sense they should be in the docs.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#5]
I forgot to check the b3d manual. The only ones in there are Handle, Object and MeshCullBox. I think I'll edit MeshCullBox now.

Edit: new zip file uploaded.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#6]
thanks!!

Cybio(Posted 2011) [#7]
Hello all, nobody know what's the Stats3D(type) command ?
As v'doc is writed : "type - an integer of unknown meaning for Parameters" and "Returns a float. The purpose of this command is unknown" for Description. Is true, what is this variable, and what's the returned float ?

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#8]
It does very little, if anything.

It stores some debug information about the internals of the collision and terrain engines, which you can access with the appropriate index; but isn't data you'd normally have any use for since it only refers to stuff used internally.

Looks to me like it's just there for Mark &co. to check that a few things are working properly in the final release version of the engine, rather than relying on a debugger.

Cybio(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thank, just Mark's Debug functionality, so. However, interesting.