program files (x86)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/program files (x86)

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]
It is possible to identify whether the computer is running a 64-bit to install an application on that route.

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#2]
Yes - either through the windows API, or you can check the Windows environment variables - their is one specifically pointing to the x86 folder on 64 bit.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#3]
My system is that I have two directories, one called Program Files and the other Program Files (x86) I'm using in my installer CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES creating e (: C \ Program Files). to identify the path of program files, but not the other which is to identify the program files (x86) my question is where is gets done with Blitz3D application, whether in program files (x86) or Files program and what is the variable of is the variable to identify the (X86)

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

ClayPigeon(Posted 2012) [#4]
You can just use FileType("C:/Program Files (x86)/"). If it returns "1", you are running 64-bit. If it returns "0", you are running 32.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#5]
No, it is not feasible as you say, in an installer that installs to different computers with different languages ??not find the directory.

Similarly and abandon the idea of ??making an installer, which although not impossible if it's complicated.

Greetings.

Last edited 2012

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#6]
You can just use FileType("C:/Program Files (x86)/"). If it returns "1", you are running 64-bit. If it returns "0", you are running 32.

Does that even work on non-English versions of windows, or do they use local-language equivalent folder names?

ClayPigeon(Posted 2012) [#7]
I'm pretty sure they use the same names, regardless of the language, just for consistency. Be warned, though; I am by no means a credible source of information. You should do some research yourself for more concrete info.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#8]
the problem is, for example, in Spanish reads "C: \Archivos de Programa" and in English "C: \ Program Files", now well in Danish, Dutch, etc., sure the name changes, what I meant was absolute variable sheel32 . dll that I will return the path if the folder exists (x86)