A program to animate models vertices

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/A program to animate models vertices

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm trying to animate a character and then apply shadows verties volume, but apparently fragmotion elmodelo b3d export but not vertex animation. Any suggestions.

I draw on the example model of shadow volume Ashadow where the doll is running but apparently are animated models by vertices.

Greetings.

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#2]
I don't know about Ashadow, but with DSS i have a similar problem : i can't use skinned .b3d to cast shadows.

What i do is i use the skinned .b3d for the render, and i also create several body parts (from the same mesh) which i attach to joints (i scale each body part at 1.001 so that it is slightly bigger that the body part of the skinned mesh), i set the alpha of each body part to 0, and i use these body parts to calculate the shadows with DSS.

The render is good overall, but not as good if it was possible to use a skinned mesh because sometimes you can see an offset near the joints.

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#3]
Many years ago, I made a vertex-based animation system: Vertex animation

It's essentially MD2, but implemented using real Blitz meshes. It has a lot of flaws (doesn't share surfaces, so it actually gets pretty slow for large numbers of characters), but it might give you a starting point. There are tools on the same page to convert files to it, from B3D bone-based meshes.

GrumpyOldMan made a rather more powerful version of the same idea that did share surfaces, making it suitable for Total War-style strategy games, but that's a full demo that needs to be uploaded... I'll see if I still have a copy to share.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yasha, I hope you have a copy would be nice.
Greetings.

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hopefully Grumpy won't mind this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46635275/B3X_Demo.rar

Yue(Posted 2012) [#6]

Actually I have made ;thoughtful as this model, the example of ashadow where volumetric shadows using the character moves and its respective shadow, the model is in 3ds.

I tried with md2, however Ashadow not support.

Thanks for the program proves it.

Greetings.

Last edited 2012