Pacemaker: 'userlib not found' ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Pacemaker: 'userlib not found' ?

GW(Posted 2012) [#1]
I installed pacemaker 134b and 134d and on start up it dies complaining about a missing userlib.
has anyone else had this problem? Any idea how to fix it?
The install dir contains a 'jv_ode.dll' and 'blitzclose.dll'. What else is it needing?

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
You should get that error only if it can't find DLLs that it's been instructed to look for in the .lib directives of the .decls files (if DLLs used only by other DLLs are missing you're likely to just get a MAV). So, take a look at your relevant .decls files to see what should be present.

A recommendation is to also remove any userlibs that you don't intend to use from your userlibs folder (you can also do this automatically with IDEal, if you have it) - while Blitz3D is intelligent enough not to make your program depends on completely unused DLLs, it helps to make sure you don't inadvertently write code using a library command you'd got so used to having, you'd forgotten wasn't part of the core command set (easy to do with things like FastExtension).

GW(Posted 2012) [#3]
Your talking as if Pacemaker needs B3d.
Does pacemaker somehow require an installation of B3d?
I have one, but it should be irrelevant. I thought it was a stand alone application.
The Pacemaker docs say nothing about needing b3d or .decls files.

Since Pacemaker is free, Does anyone have a *working* archive they want to mirror for dl?

Thanks

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#4]
Sorry - I'm a total idiot, I saw Pacemaker and for some reason forgot it was an application and associated it with JV-ODE. I don't know how I managed to make quite such a silly misinterpretation. I should read things more carefully.

This archive works on my machine: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46635275/PaceMaker.zip

Nothing special about it though, just the download from the website. It has no DLLs beyond those you mentioned.

Last edited 2012

GW(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks!
I still get same error. but I works fine on my other winXP computer.
It must be a b3d vs. windows 7 issue.

Banshee(Posted 2013) [#6]
Pacemaker worked fine for me on Windows 7 for ages, and suddenly stopped tonight with the same error.

As weird as it sounds I had lately installed the Xors3D engine into my Blitz3D installation in program files, so I moved the contents of userlibs back out and Pacemaker started working again.

It appears Pacemaker is checking the userlibs folder of the Blitz install, but I don't know why.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2013) [#7]
Old topic I know but only just seen this - don't know why you are getting this error - you don't even need to have Blitz3D installed for PaceMaker to work ?!?
Will try and dig out the old source code ( if I can find it) and have a look !