sending text to an ip camera

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/sending text to an ip camera

Svenart(Posted 2012) [#1]
hello,

I have to send some text (temperature ect.) from a blitz3d program to an ip camera.

Unfortunately I nearly dont have any experience about network programming. Can anyone help me/point me into the right direction? Would this be possible with blitz3d?

Is there any thread or tutorial about this?

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
I don't understand the question, but what you want is probably possible. Take a look at the Network, TCP and UDP categories in the 2D documentation section for some commands. There are also a fair number of libraries that provide an abstraction layer over these to make it easier.

However, it all depends on what your camera is set up to receive.

Rroff(Posted 2012) [#3]
IP cameras usually have a web interface for configuration (depending on what hes trying to do it might be possible with HTTP) and a service that streams MPEG4 not sure on the exact format of the datagram but its probably a simple container format. I'm assuming hes trying to superimpose data over the image IIRC the web interface will let you place text and even logos before its streamed. Some may have a telnet/ssh service that let you configure this not sure.

I'm guessing its not something many people have experience with in terms of general use let alone the software development side of them which is often proprietary.