voice recognition help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/voice recognition help

Wolf1870(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello. With Windows 7, it is but the voice recognition. Can I somehow use this for their own Blitz3D program? I say a word, Blitz3D compares it, whether it is in memory, and executes a programmed action. Maybe someone has an idea or a dll? Best regards, Wolf.

Rroff(Posted 2012) [#2]
I'm not aware of a dll or userlib existing for it.

Its possible but not easy - you'd have to find documentation of the speech API and create your own userlib/wrapper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Speech_API

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#3]
OMG! I need this too! Can someone PLEASE release a quickie Lib and example for it?

Thank You! :)

GfK(Posted 2012) [#4]
OMG! I need this too! Can someone PLEASE release a quickie Lib and example for it?
Yes, somebody PLEASE release a "quickie lib" for something that's incredibly difficult to achieve, that they don't actually need for themselves, for a ten year old programming language with two more recent successors, for a person who believes everything should be given and come with lifetime support, for free.

Believe it or not, Thundros, the members of this community do not exist solely to pander to your every whim, whether you type PLEASE in capitals, or not. I find the term "quickie lib" almost offensive - how can you possibly trivialise something like this, when you can't do it (or much of anything really) for yourself?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#5]
You can quit being mean to me anytime now. I've changed, but I don't think you have. I am not contributing to your fight anymore, because your fighting me is pointless. So good luck in the future, you'll need it :)

Wolf1870(Posted 2012) [#6]
A "Quickilib" I do not expect. In normal Blitz3D editor or Wordpad in the speech input and the implementation works very well in text form. Maybe because you can find an approach?

Wolf1870(Posted 2012) [#7]
Have another idea. In the current program to open a text entry field (the same as in Wordpad), speak, and the text as a string and then edit it. Unfortunately this is not the Blitz3D commands. Does anyone order from how to be programmed a line of text?

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#8]
Based on Rroff's link, this looks like it should be tedious but not actually that hard, for anyone familiar with Blitz3D's userlibs system and willing to spend a decent amount of time reading up on MSDN (MSDN is a great reference if you can get past the fact that it's a bit fragmented).

Let me just say welcome to the forums, and I'm really sorry about you having to run into one of our absolute worst community members in your first thread. Just ignore Thundros and he will go away eventually.

Also, I don't understand your question in post #7.

Rroff(Posted 2012) [#9]
Yeah anyone who was familiar with the speech API and had used B3D would be able to get something up and running fairly easily - unfortunatly don't have the time myself to familiarise myself with the API and buid/test a userlib.

Rob the Great(Posted 2012) [#10]
Thank you, Yasha! It's good to know that we have an active Help Vampire infestation going on as we speak. At least we can be better guarded against it in the future.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#11]
Discredit me all you want, but I NEVER go away, nor shall I ever :)

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#12]
Wolf, Not really sure what it is that you are asking but I think this may help you. http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2107
It can be used with Blitz3D but unfortunately I do not remember the process :(

EDIT: Have you tried Audiocity

Last edited 2012