Blitzbass - Combined with Rottnet - Need help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitzbass - Combined with Rottnet - Need help

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all. In light of my recent Microphone thread, I thought it would be appropriate to create a new topic for this, because it deals with BlitzBass 1.7.1.

As you may know, I have been trying to figure out how to take microphone data and send it to other clients over the internet. I found the PERFECT solution for that. HOWEVER. That's where the problem comes in. I can't get Rottnet to send to the server, and from the server, the bytes of the input from the microphone. If someone could help me get Rottnet's Server to both receive the current stream of microphone input from the microphone, and send it to ALL clients connected to the server, I would REALLY appreciate it. I have put together a demo which ALMOST does this.

NOTE: You will need BlitzBass 1.7.1 from here:

http://www.abrexxes.huntingsoftware.de/blitz/blitz_bass_studio.zip

You will also need RottNet from here:

http://www.rottbott-studios.com/files/rottnet.zip

You will need to take RottNet.decls AS WELL AS all the other userlib DECLS files from blitz_bass_studio/bass folder, and put them in the DECLS folder. You will then need to take the demo below, and save it inside of the blitz_bass_studio/bass folder.

NOTE: to run the client, you will need to have the server turned on first. It CAN be set to localhost if you choose it to.

I simply need the input from the microphone sent to the server, and the server to send it to ALL clients connected to the server.

And yes, it's made of different demos, 1 from RottNet, and the other from tut_record_3.bb from BlitzBass 1.7.1. But putting demos together seems to be the way I learn easily. :)

Here's the server:

Here's the client:

Thanks to all who help! :)

Last edited 2012

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#2]
Anyone? :)

H&K(Posted 2012) [#3]
Deleted

Last edited 2012

H&K(Posted 2012) [#4]
Deleted

Last edited 2012

H&K(Posted 2012) [#5]
Deleted this cos it wasnt helpful.

Others where double posts

Last edited 2012

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#6]
No prob :) Anyways. ALLs I need to know, is the above :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#7]
Can someone please help me with the thread above? :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#8]
Nice bump! :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#9]
bump :)

GfK(Posted 2012) [#10]
No prob :) Anyways. ALLs I need to know, is the above :)

Can someone please help me with the thread above? :)

Nice bump! :)

bump :)

Take the hint - nobody knows. Putting a smiley on the end does not make this any less irritating.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#11]
Take a hint. I dont care. :)