libmysql.dll

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/libmysql.dll

vivaigiochi(Posted 2012) [#1]
Who use this? My problem is when i try to extract from db TEXT FIELD.
Blitz generate an erron probably because textfield is bigger then a normal string (long 255 char..). How i can solve this problem?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#2]
Dont use LibMySQL. Use EtNA :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#3]
It doesnt require drivers be downloaded for ur program. JUST an internet connection :)

vivaigiochi(Posted 2012) [#4]
But reading how work etna seems that i must install some server software (written in php..). So if i want release my apps final user must install this external software? With libmysql i don't use any part on the server that is i use only msql server..please tell me if i 'm wrong.

Last edited 2012

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#5]
True you have to have SOME kind of server that can do PHP, whether it be free or paid, or xampp (on ur own computer for free), however its WORTH it because u dont have to force anyone to download mysql drivers.

vivaigiochi(Posted 2012) [#6]
No tundros..i want use this library to make apps that need obviously use of msql.. But i mean for external software what is php...so i want create apps that are installed in local and communicate with server that i don't know ...in this case for example...suppose i have create a software that connect your local pc versus other remote server of your property..my program must not know nothing about your remote server (for your security) but you can input your data to connect to it...so quickly i have created a sort of phpadmin (with blitz2dgui of my property) ...i can export all from db but i can't export the text field....Finally if i need to use php (that i know very well) with etna i can use other languages to make operation, but i choosed blitz...user must not install other software in his server it must use only my app.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#7]
Yea. Etna does just that. u can connect either to a webserver. OR a server u have on ur computer. such as when u install the Xampp server which has PHP, and MySQL already in it :)

PHP is a website programming language which can also use mysql commands.

I would study what PHP is either at php.net, OR wikipedia.org :)

I hope that is of some help! :)

Last edited 2012

vivaigiochi(Posted 2012) [#8]
www.pcutile.it, i have buied licence of cart and modified it for my needs. I know what is php mysql and so on...(i'm a programmer since 1982). I fullfill it with automatic procedure interely created with blitz e libmsql (in media 10000 products with data-sheet, image gallery, discounts for product, and seo url take 50 minutes). And i use program (blitz .exe) that don't need other software on server. It connects with www.pcutile.it msql server and put in data...or read it. but can not read text field...

PS: i want say i want use only client software to connect with msql server without the needs of install other server-side software.

Last edited 2012

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#9]
Then ur gonna need to either buy a website with mysql & php already installed ON it, OR find a free host that allows for php & mysql. :)

vivaigiochi(Posted 2012) [#10]
I don't understood. I have a dedicated server, with application (original buyed from me), i admin it ok, i'm root. But i need to create application that work on network..for example..i have just developed an application to fast create adwords campaign from a db on internet. it's work fine.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#11]
my free host http://www.mihostgratis.tk reseller byetorg =)