Shadow Cater Receiver

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Shadow Cater Receiver

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]
have someone help me, if it is true that Blitz3D has certain shortcomings in relation to other technologies, the question is how I like me Achievement Blitz3D user to accommodate the engine gives me and not focusing on what you can do, I think it's more correct.

The downside is that I have made a dynamic shading system that react to ambient light as the sun, not as yet give no shade to look behind the character when it is receiving the shade of a tree, some idea to improve what I do.

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
I'm sorry to say, I don't really understand the translation...

Do you mean that you want the player to both cast a shadow, and also be shaded by the tree? And vice versa?

Or are you looking for self-shadowing effects?

Yue(Posted 2012) [#3]
The problems I have is that the shadow is seen behind the tree behind the character, if this tree is very narrow trunk.

What I want to understand how to achieve graphically nice to have something with shadows and balance performance in graphics possible.

For example if I put the camera in the platform that I can see the shadow of the tree displayed and the character, and I can fix this in two ways.

Dividing the model into two.
Or in this case using Dot3d, I think the shadow is not noticeable, however I think my monitor is very dark, so I can not see if the shadow is displayed.

The idea is to settle down to what gives me Bltiz3D on the issue of the shadows, because the idea is to emulate the most of reality, but if you give a little touch of realism.

Fucking google translator. = (