Small problem with multi object select

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Small problem with multi object select

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all, for SOME reason, when I click the background or anywhere on the screen, then i go to click on 1 or more meshes that are already selected, it waits until i hit the mouseclick a second time. it should wait only for one time of the mouseclick button, then deselect EVERY object selected..

To recreate the problem: Select a couple of objects. Then try to click on the background or on the 2nd object of the 2 objects that u selected.

IE: I first clicked on a sphere. then a cube. i then click on the sphere, but nothing happens. same thing with the cube. but something happens the 2nd time i click them in that order.

Here's the code:

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Thanks! :)

Last edited 2012

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#2]
Anyone? :/

Rob the Great(Posted 2012) [#3]
Select the objects you wish to copy with the mouse, or click on them a second time to deselect them. When your selection is how you want it to be, hit "C" and follow the on screen instructions to position/rotate the copies as you want. You're welcome.

I'm not going to get into details on how I fixed the problem because I want you to be able to come to those conclusions yourself based off of what I did. Do take some time and see the logic behind all of this. Compare your version to mine, specifically in the "PickAll()" function. The rest I added in "Check_Copy_Key()" was to speed up this process for you.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thank you very much, sir :) This is PERFECT! :) I will study it when I get some time :)