Oh No! Execution Suspends when re-sizing window?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Oh No! Execution Suspends when re-sizing window?

mk2y10(Posted 2012) [#1]
I have been setting up a template for future program endeavors to use a scale-able, non-stretchy window and hit a little bit of a snag. When re-sizing or dragging, the window does not draw. At first I looked at it as just that, a drawing issue, but then discovered the bad situation. When dragging the window, blitz stops execution completely making my idea one chicken less than an egg farm. If anyone has had experience with this, or would like to point me in the right direction, I would be in there dept. :p

lol.. I placed Debuglog(Millisecs()) in the loop and watch in horror as it froze. That is how I reached my conclusion.

JoshK(Posted 2012) [#2]
Use a hook.

mk2y10(Posted 2012) [#3]
Ok, thanks JoshK.. I am not very familiar with hooks, but I will go find the info I need.:)

xtremegamr(Posted 2012) [#4]
I hate to be a thread necromancer, but I've run into the same problem as mk2y10, and this seems like the best place to post.

JoshK: You said to use a hook -- I assume this means that I should replace the WinProc handler with my own function, and use it to intercept window messages. Are there any messages I should intercept in particular (besides WM_MOVE)?

_PJ_(Posted 2012) [#5]
Are you using Window modes 6 or 7 as opposed to 2 or 3?

xtremegamr(Posted 2012) [#6]
Nope -- I'm using mode 2.

_PJ_(Posted 2012) [#7]
Ah.. sorry, my mistake - it's a "feature" of Windows task-handling rather than blitz it seems

xtremegamr(Posted 2012) [#8]
Really? I didn't know that...so there's no way for me to fix this?
Oh well. Thanks for the help anyway, Malice.