Shadows Distance

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Shadows Distance

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]
Shadow Map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3zHfGAzoEA

Hello, I have to increase that chance away but in the drawing of the shadows without this loss of quality, speaking of shadow maps.

Any suggestions?

Rroff(Posted 2012) [#2]
You need PSSM or a similiar system to do this which isn't really practical to implement in B3D :(

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#3]
If you're using aShadow or fastEXT, those are [to my knowledge] the best solutions you can get for Blitz3D.

For blurring and higher quality shadowing you'd have to unfortunately use another engine so you can resort to the PSSM (Parallel Split Shadow Maps) like fellow Rroff mentioned, and PCF (Percentage Closer Filtering) for smoothing the edges - it's been implemented in hardware, so it's lightning fast nowadays.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#4]
=(

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hi, have someone give me a help with some idea with these shadows, the problem I have is that the shadow is cast on the other side that is shaded, like a wall.

I've been head By taking the matter to a possible solution Ayar and only me this happens.

Solution: the model that makes wall or floor is actually a model divididio in two, and accommodate those two parts according to the angle enq ue is the light source and these respective faces would be those that receive light.

Any other solution?

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#6]
Divide the model in two: the walls and the cap.

Set the cap as a receiver of shadows.
Do not set the walls as a receiver of shadows.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#7]
Ok!! Thank!