IDEal problem!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/IDEal problem!

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#1]
refresh userlibs doesn't work. It says IDEal error report handler on Windows 7 x64.

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
This isn't a Windows 7 error, because I've encountered this same behaviour on Windows XP 32-bit.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did to fix it. Things to check might include whether you have any duplicate .decls or libraries in your userlibs folder; that all .decls present are properly formed (no syntax errors); and that there are no duplicate declarations across multiple files (for instance, many different libraries will declare a couple of functions from the Windows Kernel like RtlMoveMemory; best to move these into a dedicated file of their own).

If everything on the B3D side is clean, then... well, IDEal doesn't take long to reinstall.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#3]
It doesn't work even if I reinstall it though. :(
Is there anything I can do at all that may solve this problem. Even running in compatibility mode doesn't work. :(
before you ask, It has never worked for me. ?

MusicianKool(Posted 2012) [#4]
Blitz3D is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blitz3D" so make sure the ideal is pointing there for the compiler and not "C:\Program Files\Blitz3D". That's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited 2012

MusicianKool(Posted 2012) [#5]
Ok, I had the same problem and found a work around.

1: Create an Environment Variable named "blitzpath" with your Blitz3D path as the variable, mine is "c:\program files (x86)\blitz3d\". If you don't know how to do this then google "Win7 create edit environment variable"

2: Go to your blitz3d folder and enable read/write access.

3: Open "cmd.exe", just search for "cmd" when you hit start/win7 button.

4: Go to the blitz3d bin folder, "c:\Program Files (x86)\Blitz3D\Bin"

5: Type "blitzcc +k > Blitz3D.lng" hit enter

6: Open up file explorer and copy/move the "Blitz3D.lng" file in the 'blitz3d\bin' folder and replace "Blitz3D.lng" in 'ideal\conf' folder.

The next time you start ideal all the commands from blitz3d and your lib's will be there.

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#6]
I've had that problem, if not equal to yours, but it happened to me with the OpenAL lib, so I play cut a part of DCL file and give it to cool again userlib and paste cut content.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#7]
Im still having this problem. Are there any other known solutions? (simple ones perhaps)

Pipes(Posted 2012) [#8]
I had the same problem. Rick click ideal icon, go to properties, click run as administrator. It worked for me.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#9]
I tried that and it doesn't work for me. I Dont have this problem on Vista x86 but IDEal has loads of problems on Win7 x64. I keep getting this error saying that the application IDEal has stopped working and wants me to report to MS.