Demo

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Demo

Yue(Posted 2011) [#1]

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjueu18nah86q0w

Hello, you may help me to try these on their machines with Windows 7 with DirectX 9 and 11. I appreciate the help possible in the case to see if this demo works correctly.

Yue(Posted 2011) [#2]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaioEcMKTB8

Rroff(Posted 2011) [#3]
You must have put a lot of work into that :D

mv333(Posted 2011) [#4]
I get a "Memory access violation" when the animated flag fades out.

Leon Drake(Posted 2011) [#5]
Same i get a MAV after the flag

Floyd(Posted 2011) [#6]
This is two weeks old, but I just noticed it now.

With Windows 7 and DirectX 11 I get a Memory Access Violation as soon as the flag fades out.
With compatibilty mode set to Windows XP, same problem.

With compatibility set to Windows 98 / Windows Me it runs correctly.

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#7]
You guys mean the iris3D flag at the start? If so, no problem with that here.

Perhaps a dependency issue? You can use FileAlyzer to easily examine the import/export tables of programs and DLLs to check that everything they depend on is present (works better on non-UPXed files).

Otherwise, this project looks great. Although... why does the mouse turn the camera, but not the character? Most games leave turning to the mouse, and have the left/right keys sidestep.

Stamm(Posted 2011) [#8]
Looks nice on XP, but you should address the following issues:

-If you fall over the edge, you don't ever stop to fall. Until you get an error due to the height number reaching too big values. Fix that, please.

-This is a lesser issue, but you should make jumps reach farther. I barely manage to get over some gaps, and I am perfectly sure it has nothing to do with my lack of skill at jumping. It really makes testing difficult, because access to some areas is nearly impossible.*

-A bigger issue: if you pause in-game using the [ESC] key and want to resume by using the [SPACE] key (at least that's what I understood from the Spanish you used), nothing visible happens. Also, nothing visible appears to happen when hitting the Save or Load button. I don't think that's intended.

It would also help (although it's not really necessary) to provide an English-localized version of the demo. Spanish might be the most spoken language in the world after Chinese, but I'm sure nearly everyone on these forums gets along in English, while far less know Spanish.

*It actually makes testing so difficult I gave up after half an hour during which I kept restarting the demo over and over, because I fell off the edge while trying to get to the next platform and save/load don't seem to work.

I just saw that your graphics window (although it's fullscreen)doesn't have a title. You may want to add something like
AppTitle "Iris3D Demo"
or whatever.

Yue(Posted 2011) [#9]
Hi, I want you to know that I am enormously grateful for the help, for me is very important and is part of my learning Prosesa everything related to programming.

What we still do not understand is the error memory access appropriate, and see how I can fix it. As for the language, unfortunately for me, Spanish is my native language, and use google translator to communicate with the outside world. As I have mentioned is a demo of learning, every day I try to learn something new even though the circumstances are not the best.

For me it works fine on Windows 98, which is the most internet rooms where I come to develop the project into a USB.

Now a couple of questions.

- In which I rely to establish the software and hardware resources that the project needed?

- And how do I keep on changing screen resolution need to avoid charging the scene menu and then the level where the player plays this for me is very delayed and not how to improve it.

That is entered the menu, then the first level, return to the menu, change the screen resolution and then return to the menu for me is forever having to load all the resources and the level menu.

Yasha's help take on what anti-aliasing: D.

Many things are not yet implemented an, and hopefully soon in advance what I do.

A greeting and really appreciate your cooperation.