publish apps on a web site

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/publish apps on a web site

vivaigiochi(Posted 2011) [#1]
I know that exists osakit...it's work only with windows systems...what are other solution?

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
it's work only with windows systems

...from the point of a B3D user, the main problem is that B3D itself only works on Windows systems.

You can run a program on multiple systems in three main ways:

-- With Wine, or something similar. This is down to the end user to install on their own, and is essentially the same as expecting them to have a Windows system anyway, so not really a solution.

-- By creating multiple builds of your application for different OSes. You can do this with BlitzMax, but not with Blitz3D. You'd then serve the appropriate version to the user for their OS.

-- By producing an actual cross-platform application. You basically have to be writing for Java or .NET, or in JavaScript (and have it run in the browser) for this. Monkey can produce applications for .NET, Java and HTML5, so you could look into that.

i.e. I don't know about OSAkit's limitations, but B3D applications don't run on Mac or Linux anyway. Sorry.

On the other hand, what you've asked for is basically what this project is doing: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=95888 The code is Java, but the commands are B3D.

Last edited 2011

Leon Drake(Posted 2011) [#3]
yep, as of right now i am creating a b3dloader, thats why i haven't posted any updates yet.

vivaigiochi(Posted 2011) [#4]
I see that aren't other solution...but i ask me and i ask to blit3d developer in future this option will made parts of blitz like a real feature or not? If i want publish on web i must change this developing system? It's absurd...i don't want...