Render Tweening and object syncing

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Render Tweening and object syncing

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#1]
Is there any way to keep one object in sync with another when using render tweening. I know the capture world is only accuring every so often so the tween is working differently on the two

I know if you parent two objects the child will stay in sync with the parents position wonderfully, but I cant do that in this case. Simply using positionentity() once per loop to place object one over object two goes out of sync here and there when object two is moving at high speed.

Any work around for this ??

Thanks

Last edited 2011

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
You want Object One to be attached to Object Two as if it were a child, but not?

I would have thought using PositionEntity each update loop (note: not each render loop) would work correctly, because if it's in the same place as Object Two every time CaptureWorld is called, it ought to get tweened to the same position as well.

You are doing that, right? Once per update, not once per render?

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#3]
yes once per logic loop,

ill make a a mockup example you can cut and paste real fast.

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#4]
ill get back you on in awhile, think I found my mistake

EDIT:

ok yeah it was me.. 3 hours and I had my position update before the final movement update of the pseudo parent object. I think what was throwing me off the obvious was that the ghosting was only happening on the Y axis, and not all three.

At any rate your statement made me check that again. Thanks alot!

Last edited 2011