Has AntiAliasing EVER worked in B3D?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Has AntiAliasing EVER worked in B3D?

Adam Novagen(Posted 2011) [#1]
It's all in the title. Merely an item of curiosity, but I've tested AntiAlias True on about half a dozen different machines ranging from 1999 to 2011, 16- and 32-bit graphics modes alike, and have never ever known this command to have even the slightest effect. Is this command just totally DEAD, or is there something I don't know?

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nope.

And it's not a B3D problem: antialiasing doesn't work in DirectX7, full stop. There's no way to fix this without moving to a different graphics API altogether.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2011) [#3]
Interesting... Why in the 'eck did Mark ever put the command in, then? Was it a planned upgrade that got abandoned?

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#4]
Funny thing is, it used to work... :S

GfK(Posted 2011) [#5]
Its always worked for some, its never worked for others.

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#6]
Anti-Aliasing did work in Direct3D 7 (it has render states for such a feature), but it was intermittently supported by different brands of graphic cards and drivers so Mark Sibly decided to permanently disable it. "Its always worked for some, its never worked for others."

Anti-aliasing in D3D8 and above is golden.

Subirenihil(Posted 2011) [#7]
Huh, I always figured it was getting overwritten by graphics card settings, since you can set that in the GFX card settings on a per program basis or globally.

Graythe(Posted 2011) [#8]
So I needn't bother coding for it? Doh.

big10p(Posted 2011) [#9]
It used to work a peach on my old GeForce 256 (think that was what it was called). As newer cards came online, AA started to work less and less, it seems.