Win7 Virtualization question.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Win7 Virtualization question.

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#1]
Anyone know how to prevent this in a folder from within blitz, is there a system call or function that can make a folder immune to it ?

Curious also if anyone knows that if instead of replacing a file, you open it and add or remove bytes from it, then resave it. does that fall subject to Virtualization too? I can test this when i get some free time, but thought I would see if anyone has tried it yet.

edit: replacing it byte by byte doesnt make any difference.. i guess a manifest is the only way, I just have to sort out how to get one working on a moleboxed app, seems molebox makes its own manifest

Last edited 2011

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#2]
ok im stumped, even with a manifest , files get virtualized.

I can handle the support files being in the virtual dir, and rewrite my paths for that.. but my game also updates the primary EXEs that need to remain in the root folder.. how can I prevent those from being virtualized ?

any ideas

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#3]
As far as I know, you can't.

If the user install the game where it's not supposed to, it will be virtualized.

But why would you need your game to be in the root folder? Just place the game + update/patcher on the same folder, and look on it to patch the file.

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#4]
I guess I could just install a shortcut in their install path choice , everything will eventually get virtualized anyway via updates.. even the updater itself can update although i havent updated that in a year

Last edited 2011